Congrats Meredith!

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to highlight an achievement made by one of our own on the fish disease forum - @melypr1985.

Meredith's "Ultimate Fail: What NOT To Do!" article is featured in this month's Reef Edition: http://www.reefedition.com/ultimate-fail-not/

Kudos to her and y'all give her article the love it deserves. :)

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Removed quoted unconstructive post.

The article was written FOR noobs and thus is in a more conversational format. I found the article to be both informative and entertaining, with a little humor thrown in. The title does in fact reflect the content of the article. The article gives several examples of common mistakes people make leading to huge failures in their tank and then tells you what you should have done instead.

Meredith is invaluable to us here at Reef2Reef and especially to me in the fish disease forum. I would not be able to keep up with all the fish disease questions without her assistance.

[HASHTAG]#reefsquad[/HASHTAG]

Last edited by a moderator:

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed it was a very well written article geared towards new people in the hobby. Just because certain things are obvious to people who have been in the hobby for sometime, it's not obvious to someone just starting out. Rather than talking bad about an article maybe contribute yourself. People are not paid or compensated for articles such as this and do it to hopefully help out some fellow hobbiest. If you look through Merideths posts you will see she is no noob and helps countless people in the disease forum and all over the forum. Congrats Merideth!!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The article was written FOR noobs and thus is in a more conversational format. I found the article to be both informative and entertaining, with a little humor thrown in. The title does in fact reflect the content of the article. The article gives several examples of common mistakes people make leading to huge failures in their tank and then tells you what you should have done instead.

Meredith is invaluable to us here at Reef2Reef and especially to me in the fish disease forum. I would not be able to keep up with all the fish disease questions without her assistance.

[HASHTAG]#reefsquad[/HASHTAG]
I agree with EVERYTHING @Humblefish said here. The article was in fact very well done, and I like Meredith's conversational and entertaining style of writing. It's an easy and enjoyable read!

The point I take away from the article is a solid reminder about how easy it is for us to get in a hurry or panic in certain situations, and that in all situations we should 1) be sure to take enough care and time to do things the right way (even experienced reefers can make mistakes when rushing through even mundane tasks) and 2) it's often a good idea to seek advice from others, and even a second opinion when we think we know what we're doing doesn't hurt. Great work, Meredith! Thanks for a reminder that even we experienced hobbyists need time and again.

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Meredith, thank you for taking time out of your day to write this article for the magazine, it is truly appreciated by us, the members of the reefsquad, and the community at-large! It shows your commitment not only to r2r but, also to how committed you are to this hobby!

I think I speak for the vast majority of us when I say job well done and keep up the great work!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Removed the UN-constructive post.

@melypr1985 thank you for your great contribution!

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome...Congrats @melypr1985

relax.gif

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys! I was really nervous to write something like this, but I do enjoy writing. Yall are all right. It was geared more for noobs to be informative and yes, it's probably pretty funny to more advanced hobbyists who might say "yup i did that once apon a time" If just one person learns something new from it then it's well worth the time. I hope to be able to continue writing for the magazine. :)

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 141 42.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back