New Beginnings

Horsefeathers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My husband and I are undergoing a lifestyle change that brings me to this forum. For the last 25 years we have owned a small ranch and my horses have been the center of my life. A medical condition has taken away my ability to ride, and so we have sold horses and will sell our property in the spring. We had a decorative koi pond that my husband did not want to sell with the ranch, so we bought a 55 gallon tank to keep the fish in this winter. Our goal is to build another koi/lily pond on our new property and then turn the fish tank into a saltwater aquarium. I've been reading posts here and articles and it's like a foreign language! We plan on taking the next year to learn how to build and care for these beautiful creatures, and it goes without saying that I HAVE to have some seahorses!

Please, if you would, share any books or information that will give us a starting point in understanding saltwater aquariums and how to be successful.

Thanks in advance,
Deb in N TX

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Deb, glad you are here! I highly recommend that you and your husband watch BRS 52 weeks of reefing on YouTube. It walks you through the whole process and will aid in your success. Many reefers on this forum that have seahorse tanks I’m sure they would be happy to help if you reach out to them.

Buckster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Deb and Welcome to R2R! Sorry to hear that you have an injury which has changed your life. My wife has always loved horses but instead we have a 180gl Aquarium as our main display. Keep researching and check out BRS supply as they have many videos which explain so much!

OP
OP
H

Horsefeathers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Deb, glad you are here! I highly recommend that you and your husband watch BRS 52 weeks of reefing on YouTube. It walks you through the whole process and will aid in your success. Many reefers on this forum that have seahorse tanks I’m sure they would be happy to help if you reach out to them.
Wow, thank you so much! I will definitely check that out.

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the salty world Deb. Sorry about your injury. Hope the new setup will make up your interest. Take things slowly. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.
H8VECcFiTCylIqSp-MdpRw.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%

Back