Connecting a Clarisea to Profilux - can't quite get the logic right...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning,
I've connected the float sensor of my clarisea to Level Sensor 2 and the motor to Switch port 13.

It's working as I expect with the settings below EXCEPT because I have used Leakage detector it is creating an error every time the float switch is activated - I want want an error IF the float switch activates AND doesn't deactivate in 20 seconds. My settings are:
1692404782449.png

1692404832949.png

1692404864984.png

Current behaviours is correct - if the float activates it turns on switch 13 for 4 seconds and the roller feeds 4s worth of mat.

What I would like is this behaviour EXCEPT no error. The float is meant to trigger, but error if it is active for 20 seconds (so I get an email - which is working - and can look at it).

Can someone please help?

Thanks

OP
OP
M

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Use ATO operation mode instead leak detection

Gaël
Works like a dream - Thanks. I've added a spare (virtual) dosing channel to react to the switch. Now to figure out "how much volume" 1 full roll is. Then I'll have an idea how much is left.

Cheers

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've added a spare (virtual) dosing channel to react to the switch.
The extension into 32 possible dosing channels for P4 open up for many new ideas and "abrovincher" - hint @chema :)

(abrovinch = local Swedish dialect word for using something in a way it was not meant to - but - never the least - get a brilliant solution on a problem)

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
M

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Gaël - is there any way when using the ATO function to only "Alarm" :if the level sensor isn't returned to an off state after a certain amount of time (ie. I expect if to take 5 seconds to return the float switch - if it take longer alarm). Currently it "alarms" every time it is triggered.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Gaël - is there any way when using the ATO function to only "Alarm" :if the level sensor isn't returned to an off state after a certain amount of time (ie. I expect if to take 5 seconds to return the float switch - if it take longer alarm). Currently it "alarms" every time it is triggered.

OP
OP
M

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @Gaël but I still can't get it right (or maybe I am misunderstanding).
I only want an alarm IF the float DOES NOT reset after a set time period (say 6 seconds).

So in my example the float triggers the switched port, which in turn powers the Clarisea motor for 4 seconds. This all works. I would expect after the first second or so the water level would have dropped - the other 3 seconds are so I reduce the number of times the motor (and switch port) starts and stops. the effect is the water level just drops further and triggers less often.

I only want an alarm IF the water level hasn't dropped (maybe the motor failed, maybe the filter got stuck, etc)

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So, if you look at the direct status of the level sensor, it doesn't change in the allotted time?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 131 58.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.3%
Back