Connecting RODI under the sink. Help!

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so by the looks of It, the blue line is your Maine water line into your house, green like looks like air conditioning, but the red one I'm curious about, can you see where it comes out of the house??

I also don't see a floor drain in that room which makes things more difficult.... especially since there really should be a drain in the floor there...

Do you have a furnace? Or an air movement system that your AC is hooked into?

Screenshot_20181108-191406.jpg

OP
OP
Sobo's Reef

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can look to see where that pvc line is going when I get home. The A/C is right next to the heater but I couldn’t really see anything of use on it

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can look to see where that pvc line is going when I get home. The A/C is right next to the heater but I couldn’t really see anything of use on it

Is the heating unit outside???

OP
OP
Sobo's Reef

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wait.. nvm the heater unit is in the same room as the water heater. The ac unit is outside. And now that I think about it, that pvc line is to the sprinkler system I believe but it’s currently broken lol

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wait.. nvm the heater unit is in the same room as the water heater. The ac unit is outside. And now that I think about it, that pvc line is to the sprinkler system I believe but it’s currently broken lol

Most heaters/furnaces have drains attached to them that run to a drain in the floor.

OP
OP
Sobo's Reef

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most heaters/furnaces have drains attached to them that run to a drain in the floor.

I’ll have to double check this room when I get home lol if there’s no drain in this room I guess I’m kinda beat for setting it up there huh?

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll have to double check this room when I get home lol if there’s no drain in this room I guess I’m kinda beat for setting it up there huh?

Quite possibly but I just can't believe there isn't a drain in that floor, the only thing I can think of is they covered it over with the linoleum flooring.

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More than likely.. maybe I should just drill a hole thru the wall and run the line outside lol

That's dueable as well, where is your sink in relation to this water heater room?

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Directly across from the room.. maybe about 6ft from the door.. it’s a tiny kitchen

I found the picture, so, what I would do in lieu of a drain in the room next to the water heater is run a line along the bottom of the counter(you can but white RODI lines). Run it right to the sink drain and use the saddle piercing fitting there....

You can use these to secure the line to the base of the cabinets...

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/ro-tubing-mounting-clips-ga-murdok.html

Screenshot_20181108-203117.jpg

OP
OP
Sobo's Reef

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found the picture, so, what I would do in lieu of a drain in the room next to the water heater is run a line along the bottom of the counter(you can but white RODI lines). Run it right to the sink drain and use the saddle piercing fitting there....

You can use these to secure the line to the base of the cabinets...

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/ro-tubing-mounting-clips-ga-murdok.html

Screenshot_20181108-203117.jpg

I mean I guess I could do that. I wish the rodi line was more flexible than what it is.
a6a0c9833b4845330e26a106bfc7de96.jpg
which of these is the drain? The white one? That seems to run thru the cabinet behind my dishwasher

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean I guess I could do that. I wish the rodi line was more flexible than what it is.
a6a0c9833b4845330e26a106bfc7de96.jpg
which of these is the drain? The white one? That seems to run thru the cabinet behind my dishwasher

The black one after your garbage disposal is where you want to be putting your drain into. Ideally right where the yellow line is. Also you can by 90° elbows that will keep your RODI line snug in the corners of the cabinets.

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/mur-lok-ro-elbow-union-push-connect.html

Screenshot_20181108-204053.jpg

OP
OP
Sobo's Reef

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally didn’t see that before! Hahaha isn’t that pvc tho? I can’t pierce that.. it’ll crack won’t it?

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally didn’t see that before! Hahaha isn’t that pvc tho? I can’t pierce that.. it’ll crack won’t it?

You want to use this fitting.... You drill a hole in the PVC first then clamp the fitting around it lining up the fitting with the hole... the seal on the fitting seals between the fitting and the pipe itself.

OP
OP
Sobo's Reef

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You want to use this fitting.... You drill a hole in the PVC first then clamp the fitting around it lining up the fitting with the hole... the seal on the fitting seals between the fitting and the pipe itself.

What fitting? Lol

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back