Considering Stream 3 on 36"x36"x27"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank will be primarily SPS with moderate rockwork. I have dual returns coming in from near the back corners and pointed at a 45 toward the bottom front.

I currently have 4xMP40's on the side but only running at a max of 35%. They reach across the tank fine, but I couldn't keep flow in the corners of the tank without blasting the center. I'm tired of having to clean around them and am considering making the swap.

Would two Stream 3's cover the tank nicely? Any suggested positioning? Thanks!

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They might be too much, my main concern would be on a smaller tank they will be more difficult to conceal. I think they could work and will likely give you the flow you want but the aesthetic ability to conceal them will be hard and you won't run them much past 60% or so I would think.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As much as I would love to sell you something, I might try repositioning the MP-40s so the flow does not collide, offset them, maybe try just 2 and if the flow does not collide at all you could likely get flow to the far corners. From our line my go to would be 2 6105's on the back corner aimed in an X pattern across the tank so one is only at 20% when the other is at 100%. The Stream 3's could be used the same way, they are quieter, they have a longer warranty and will last longer in theory, but I worry the bulk is too much for a tank this size.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back