Cooper killed my YT

Jaybeastin

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 10, 2021
Messages
649
Reaction score
299
Location
94203
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a biota yellow tang that’s less than 2” and it died when I tried to treat it cooper. Ich broke out and I accidentally overdose the med and I couldn’t test the levels because I left to work. Came home this morning and it died ;(

Check the cooper level and it was reading 3.2 on Hanna
 
Darn.

Do you think it was the copper or the ich?
 
Darn.

Do you think it was the copper or the ich?
Most of ich was off the YT once I put in the hospital tang. It also killed my baby blue tang but the only survivor was a 3” tomini tang I no longer wanted :( the YT & BT was probably to small for that level of cooper.
 
As the YT from Biota are captive raised, I thought you did not need copper treatment and that it was similar to buying pre-quarantine fish. Am I mistaken?
Sorry for your loss. It is always so upsetting.
 
As the YT from Biota are captive raised, I thought you did not need copper treatment and that it was similar to buying pre-quarantine fish. Am I mistaken?
Sorry for your loss. It is always so upsetting.
I'm going to guess he put the YT in with the other fish and they had ick. It is possible he didn't get the YT direct from Biota though and it got ick at the reseller.
 
I'm going to guess he put the YT in with the other fish and they had ick. It is possible he didn't get the YT direct from Biota though and it got ick at the reseller.
I failed the quarantine process for my other fish causing my YT to get ich. Lesson learned . All my fish are in QT again and I switched to coppersafe and so far so good . Stabled at 2.5 for a week now
 
I'm going to guess he put the YT in with the other fish and they had ick. It is possible he didn't get the YT direct from Biota though and it got ick at the reseller.
I had it directly but as u stated my other fish had ich . My wrasse was stressed causing and outbreak
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new