Copepod bloom

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We definitely don't have many that consume them that I know of. One scooter blenny. I doubt any of our other fish would consume them. Other than that it's all snails and hermits and one Duncan. What kind of nutrient import are you talking about? I dose the standard trace elements. My levels when I test are all good, nitrates are a little high but that's it.
Get a seahorse they lov em

OP
OP
jaxteller007

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're right to worry about the Copper Band.Those can be difficult to keep -period. Does yours go after the frozen food ? If so consider yourself lucky,lol. If you can't cut back on food maybe you could try adding a few more corals for natural nutrient control.Preferably something that would eat the critters unfortunate enough to get near them. A Euphyillia comes to mind.Provided that the parameters are stable enough for more corals. I might just be making excuses for you to buy more corals though.

It's hard to tell with the CBB. I've seen it swim towards frozen food floating around the tank but with that tiny mouth its hard to tell if its actually eating. It's been 3 weeks now though so it must be eating something lol.
More corals does not sound like a bad thing haha.

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe you could add a filter pad to a powerful hang on the back tank,type filter.This would collect the fine particles that are attributing to the cloudy water. A sponge around the circulation might work too,although not as well. Either media would need rinsed often to be effective.

Hodg3zs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have one going on now in our tank. Hopefully some changes we made to the flow along with some new livestock whittle it down. Is there anything else you can do to make them go? In addition to making the water "ugly" I've heard that a bad enough one can starve fish of oxygen in the tank...
I’ve added copepods and phyto to my tanks and it caused my tank to be stripped of oxygen I lost fish in one tank but was fast enough on the other, it’s the only thing I’ve changed and it can’t be a coincidence

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back