YES shipping is available

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
PLANKTON BUFFET

What is it you say? It is a combination of our two newest offerings Reef Buffet and Phyto Buffet. We are expanding our production and product offerings.

As a fellow reefer I love it when I'm cleaning my tank and I find a little water flea flitting across my hand. In the 80's when I was first in the hobby, either pods weren't available or at least the LFS that I visited in Omaha and Denver didn't promote them very well, but I had amphipods (Water Fleas lol) introduced through Florida live rock. Fast forward to 2021 when I got back into the hobby, and they were all the rage. I stocked my tanks with a blend of Amphipods and Copepods but found that it's pretty expensive to purchase everything you want every week, month etc. So I set out to culture my own. over time I kept increasing my vessel size and culturing skills. Then I started to sell some product here on R2R. As per their market place rules, once I determined that I was going to sell with consistency, I was considered a Vendor vs an occasional classified ad customer lol. So I sat down with my wife and we discussed it and agreed to pay for a sponsorship and see if I could make a little extra money.

With Sherry's support and encouragement we set out to determine what we could do to boost our business to cover the additional cost, without increasing our prices. I was in retail management for 14+ years and know there are two ways to increase profits, higher prices or higher volume. Since I recognize that it can get really expensive buying these products I'm determined to offer the greatest value possible. I was running into Phyto shortages for the pod production if I had a good week of orders so I upgraded to 6.8 gallon vessels vs the 5 gallon I had been using. Last week I finally had phyto for me to use after shipping and prepping the pods but barely and since many of our customers are already becoming repeat customers we knew we need to do something different. even if we sold out at this level it isn't enough to cover the added sponsorship expense after purchasing salt (takes a lot of salt), shipping supplies, shipping fees, etc. so we decided to step up our game. And that is how

Reef by Steele

came to life.

REEF BUFFET

Awesome food source for both fish and corals while also aiding in nutrient and algae control. Coming in Single Serving, Date Night, Sunday Family Dinner and ALL YOU CAN EAT.

SINGLE SERVING
$35
1- 16 Oz Bottle Premium Pod Blend:
(Tigriopus, Apocyclops, Tisbe Plus Rotifers)
All species are harvested, sieved, and returned to original water volume.
Then combined in equal water volumes, Stirred and measured to provide consistency
throughout the batch.
1- 16 Oz Bottle Amphipods Approximately 25

DATE NIGHT
$59
1- 32 Oz Bottle Premium Pod Blend:
Then combined in equal water volumes, Stirred and measured to provide consistency
throughout the batch.
1- 32 Oz Bottle Amphipods Approximately 50

SUNDAY FAMILY DINNER
$109
1- 1/2 Gallon Bottle Premium Pod Blend:
throughout the batch.
1- 1/2 Gallon Bottle Amphipods Approximately 100

ALL YOU CAN EAT

$179
1- 1 Gallon Bottle Premium Pod Blend:
throughout the batch.
1- 1 Gallon Bottle Amphipods Approximately 200

PHYTO BUFFET

10 species blend to meet all the nutritional needs of your corals, filter feeders and non-photosynthetic life. Get the benefits of Live Phytoplankton (unlike processed Phyto that can be over dosed with nutrient spikes) like nitrate and phosphate reduction,
Single Serving 16 Oz $15
Date Night 32 Oz $25
Sunday Dinner 64 Oz $40
ALL YOU $65
CAN EAT

PLANKTON BUFFET
Combine Reef Buffet and Phyto Buffet.

Single Serving 16 Oz of each $47
Date Night 32 Oz $79
Sunday Dinner 64 Oz $134
ALL YOU 1 Gallon $219
CAN EAT

FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $25

Last edited:
OP
OP
HankstankXXL750

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Launching a new project for shipping beginning 8/21. Take advantage of our Pre-Sale.

www.reef2reef.com

Livestock - ALL YOU CAN EAT FOR YOUR REEF

What is it you say? It is a combination of our two newest offerings Reef Buffet and Phyto Buffet. We are expanding our production and product offerings. As a fellow reefer I love it when I'm cleaning my tank and I find a little water flea flitting across my hand. In the 80's when I was first...
www.reef2reef.com
www.reef2reef.com

OP
OP
HankstankXXL750

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
IMG_5885.jpeg

I have 5 gallons of phyto and 3 gallons of pods left it’s going fast so order now for Monday shipping.

Prepping the new phytoplankton plantation. Shelves installed, new vessels arrived, new air pump arrived, lights installed, water sterilized, and the new cultures are here and ready to grow. Get in on the Pre-Order and SAVE!!

IMG_5886.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
HankstankXXL750

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
We still have 3 gallons of phyto and about 1 1/2-2 gallons of pods still available to ship tomorrow.

Due to the great response we are extending the 10% discount for Plankton Buffet, Reef Buffet and Phyto Buffet until Midnight Wednesday 8/16. PM us what you want and we will get it scheduled.

Phyto Buffet is up and running.

IMG_5892.jpeg

OP
OP
HankstankXXL750

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
IMG_5908.jpeg

Phyto Buffet is coming along great!!

IMG_5909.jpeg

Amphipods are ready now!

Pre-Order for next week by midnight Wednesday and save 10%.

OP
OP
HankstankXXL750

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Last night for the 10% off Pre-Sale. Order by Midnight and we will ship 8/21-8/22 and you save 10% on any order. We have our blended pods, but now our premium pods also. Same number of pods as blended but with the addition of rotifers, great food source for corals and also mandarins and anthias.

Phyto is getting thicker and darker by the day. We just got in a new supply of bottles in all sizes plus 8 Oz bottles are on the way. PM for 8 Oz pricing.

IMG_5918.jpeg

OP
OP
HankstankXXL750

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Did you know our Premium Pods have the same density as our Blended Pods only we add rotifer to them make if them richer. When I started raising clownfish, I wondered what to do with my culture. R2R recommended dosing my reef tanks and it was great. Now we are offering Premium Pods for just-
16 Oz $29
32 Oz $49
1/2 gallon $99
1 gallon $159

FREE SHIPPING OVER $75.
Mix and match with our phyto and other products.

OP
OP
HankstankXXL750

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Looks like the weathers going to be pretty hot for shipping. Insulated boxes available just $10.

The phyto is growing like crazy. Copepods, amphipods, rotifers and brine shrimp all ready to go.

We just got our new labels. Check these out.

Soup’s almost done!!

IMG_5942.jpeg

OP
OP
HankstankXXL750

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
With our highs exceeding 100 degrees this week I can’t guarantee live arrival with standard shipping. If you still want to order, I can ship in an iced and insulated box for a $10 up charge.

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey man, hope you are well. I am going to need to get a bigger order of pods when you get a chance. I am not sure if the pods are making it in the new tank. Not sure how to tell. I am starting to get some diatoms, as expected. I know pods will feed on this. The tank is on week 8, so I am getting ready for the uglise. However I am using west ocean rock, so I hope it won't be as bad. I've put about 90% of the last couple orders of pods in this new tank. Do you have any ready to go?

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey man, hope you are well. I am going to need to get a bigger order of pods when you get a chance. I am not sure if the pods are making it in the new tank. Not sure how to tell. I am starting to get some diatoms, as expected. I know pods will feed on this. The tank is on week 8, so I am getting ready for the uglise. However I am using west ocean rock, so I hope it won't be as bad. I've put about 90% of the last couple orders of pods in this new tank. Do you have any ready to go?
I thought I PM'd you not made a post, now I feel like "that guy", lol, it was late... my bad. Please feel free to delete!

OP
OP
HankstankXXL750

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
So it has been a fun journey starting up this ventures here on Reef2Reef and now it is time to complete yet another stage of the process.

Along the way we became a sponsor and wanted to upgrade our image, so I am proud to announce that we will be continuing this journey under a new name. Reef by Steele.

It is still just my wife Sherry and myself (well I have a high school kid helping with the heavy lifting while I recover from major shoulder surgery) and our desire to bring you the best value for your dollar.

Click on our logo to jump to our sponsor threads.

1694750069476.gif

Thanks
Kent Steele

Debramb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PLANKTON BUFFET

What is it you say? It is a combination of our two newest offerings Reef Buffet and Phyto Buffet. We are expanding our production and product offerings.

As a fellow reefer I love it when I'm cleaning my tank and I find a little water flea flitting across my hand. In the 80's when I was first in the hobby, either pods weren't available or at least the LFS that I visited in Omaha and Denver didn't promote them very well, but I had amphipods (Water Fleas lol) introduced through Florida live rock. Fast forward to 2021 when I got back into the hobby, and they were all the rage. I stocked my tanks with a blend of Amphipods and Copepods but found that it's pretty expensive to purchase everything you want every week, month etc. So I set out to culture my own. over time I kept increasing my vessel size and culturing skills. Then I started to sell some product here on R2R. As per their market place rules, once I determined that I was going to sell with consistency, I was considered a Vendor vs an occasional classified ad customer lol. So I sat down with my wife and we discussed it and agreed to pay for a sponsorship and see if I could make a little extra money.

With Sherry's support and encouragement we set out to determine what we could do to boost our business to cover the additional cost, without increasing our prices. I was in retail management for 14+ years and know there are two ways to increase profits, higher prices or higher volume. Since I recognize that it can get really expensive buying these products I'm determined to offer the greatest value possible. I was running into Phyto shortages for the pod production if I had a good week of orders so I upgraded to 6.8 gallon vessels vs the 5 gallon I had been using. Last week I finally had phyto for me to use after shipping and prepping the pods but barely and since many of our customers are already becoming repeat customers we knew we need to do something different. even if we sold out at this level it isn't enough to cover the added sponsorship expense after purchasing salt (takes a lot of salt), shipping supplies, shipping fees, etc. so we decided to step up our game. And that is how

Reef by Steele

came to life.

REEF BUFFET

Awesome food source for both fish and corals while also aiding in nutrient and algae control. Coming in Single Serving, Date Night, Sunday Family Dinner and ALL YOU CAN EAT.

SINGLE SERVING
$35
1- 16 Oz Bottle Premium Pod Blend:
throughout the batch.
1- 16 Oz Bottle Amphipods Approximately 25

DATE NIGHT
$59
1- 32 Oz Bottle Premium Pod Blend:
throughout the batch.
1- 32 Oz Bottle Amphipods Approximately 50

SUNDAY FAMILY DINNER
$109
1- 1/2 Gallon Bottle Premium Pod Blend:
throughout the batch.
1- 1/2 Gallon Bottle Amphipods Approximately 100

ALL YOU CAN EAT

$179
1- 1 Gallon Bottle Premium Pod Blend:
throughout the batch.
1- 1 Gallon Bottle Amphipods Approximately 200

PHYTO BUFFET

10 species blend to meet all the nutritional needs of your corals, filter feeders and non-photosynthetic life. Get the benefits of Live Phytoplankton (unlike processed Phyto that can be over dosed with nutrient spikes) like nitrate and phosphate reduction,
Single Serving 16 Oz $15
Date Night 32 Oz $25
Sunday Dinner 64 Oz $40
ALL YOU $65
CAN EAT

PLANKTON BUFFET
Combine Reef Buffet and Phyto Buffet.

Single Serving 16 Oz of each $47
Date Night 32 Oz $79
Sunday Dinner 64 Oz $134
ALL YOU 1 Gallon $219
CAN EAT

FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $25
Hi, can I place an order for your plankton buffet single, 16 oz for $47.00?
I’m beefing up our 100g before transferring LR and substrate to 125.
Debra Boetcher

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 43 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back