Copperband Butterfly not eating

boeingn747

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, thanks so much for your advice. The copperband unfortunately had his fins torn up in the shop but he’s improving and the lymphocytic is subsiding. I’ve increased my water changes and have reduced nitrates and I can see the cyano is depleting fast which is great. I’ll try to find live clams and I’ve heard that CBB’s can’t resist them. Unfortunately where I live in Australia many things can be difficult to find but I’ll do my best. He’s eating bloodworms and copepods at the moment but that’s really not enough nutrition for him so I’ll see what I can do for him in regard to live food such as clams. Thanks for your help!
No, that can not unfortunately sustain on powder like a mandarin can. Blood worms are not bad if he's eating them. I would also see if you can find live blackworms. Most fish seem to love them. They are not a great long term food option but great when needed, and good for finicky fish like the CBB. Beat up fins will heal. Getting weight on your fish, and getting him eating is your number one goal. I wish you success.

MotoJJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for all of your help! I might try bloodworms to start with. Blackworms sound great but unfortunately where I live in Australia, everything is very niche so I’ll try online if the bloodworms don’t work as a starter food. Clams also sounds great and I’ll try them next if the bloodworms don’t work. Raw shrimp is something I havent heard of in relation to CBB and I’ll look into it more to have another backup
Thanks to all. Finally got my CBB to start eating in QT with half shell clam. Will see how he does in the DT given the aggressive eaters over there

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back