Copperband ONLY eating black worms

britnicole1724

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I’ve had my copperband for about a month now. He’s eating black worms readily. But it’s becoming a lot having to get them every week because we go through them so quickly. Last night I froze some of them and he ate them this morning which is huge. I’ve tried literally any other type of food I can think of, clams, mussels, oyster, mysis, frozen mixed food (sponge, plankton, krill,) frozen blood worms, can o blood worms, dried blood worms…. He ONLY eats the black worms and it appears to be whether they are dead or not.

is there anywhere online I can get frozen black worms so we don’t have to keep going and buying them every week? We are only allowed tablespoons per week so we really need to figure something out. He eats them like a pig which is great because he’s fat and healthy but I don’t wanna limit his diet trying to keep up on feedings.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So, I’ve had my copperband for about a month now. He’s eating black worms readily. But it’s becoming a lot having to get them every week because we go through them so quickly. Last night I froze some of them and he ate them this morning which is huge. I’ve tried literally any other type of food I can think of, clams, mussels, oyster, mysis, frozen mixed food (sponge, plankton, krill,) frozen blood worms, can o blood worms, dried blood worms…. He ONLY eats the black worms and it appears to be whether they are dead or not.

is there anywhere online I can get frozen black worms so we don’t have to keep going and buying them every week? We are only allowed tablespoons per week so we really need to figure something out. He eats them like a pig which is great because he’s fat and healthy but I don’t wanna limit his diet trying to keep up on feedings.
They are stubborn feeders but many foods mention, it would not touch.
Frozen blackworms by Hikari, san fransico Bay and others Are available and online- there is a minimum of $30 to ship overnight. Most LFS (fish stroes) carry frozen, but a blackworm diet will not meet the dietary needs of thi fish.
Try:
Brine shrimp - froxen and live
LRS Herbivore diet or Fish Frenzy
Clam on half shell
Mastiks ( a gel type food)

OP
OP
britnicole1724

britnicole1724

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are stubborn feeders but many foods mention, it would not touch.
Frozen blackworms by Hikari, san fransico Bay and others Are available and online- there is a minimum of $30 to ship overnight. Most LFS (fish stroes) carry frozen, but a blackworm diet will not meet the dietary needs of thi fish.
Try:
Brine shrimp - froxen and live
LRS Herbivore diet or Fish Frenzy
Clam on half shell
Mastiks ( a gel type food)
I’ve also tried live brine; masstik, clams, no luck.

Magic031707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know someone who had the same problem. His LFS store recommended trying to soak some foods in a garlic supplement to see if that helps with the appetite. It took about 3-4 different foods but it eventually started eating different foods. He is trying to get him on pellets now. Maybe a try.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I’ve also tried live brine; masstik, clams, no luck.
Assure nitrates not elevated and correct tank temp and salinity
My CBB is an eating machine since day one. Even eats dry foods

1667833456582.png

OP
OP
britnicole1724

britnicole1724

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assure nitrates not elevated and correct tank temp and salinity
My CBB is an eating machine since day one. Even eats dry foods

1667833456582.png
Oh I put the black worms in there and he’s like a vulture demolishing them. He destroys them in the water column and would probably eat until his stomach exploded if I let him. It’s just getting him to eat anything else :(

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Oh I put the black worms in there and he’s like a vulture demolishing them. He destroys them in the water column and would probably eat until his stomach exploded if I let him. It’s just getting him to eat anything else :(
try mixing the bloodworms with some of your foods and refreeze then offer and see of it takes the food with the worms

OP
OP
britnicole1724

britnicole1724

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
try mixing the bloodworms with some of your foods and refreeze then offer and see of it takes the food with the worms
I’ll try that. He’s such a pain, we call him pin head because he will take a piece of whatever I put in there and spit it out then like pout in the corner. The second I put black worms in there he’s happier than a pig in **** eating and snagging them from my tang

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back