Coral beauty terrorist

DungSl1nger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a coral beauty angel (2.5-3 inch) that is terrorizing my McCosker's Flasher Wrasse, Chalk bass, and Diamond goby. I have gotten the angel out and is currently in QT.

I feel the angel has determined it is the king of the tank and the new fish are intruders. My current tank is a 55 gallon the plan was to upgrade to at least 185 gallon by may.

Which option would you do?
-Qt for 2 weeks then try to reintroduce
-Find a slightly bigger tank for Qt until I can upgrade
- See if someone will take it (not my favorite option)

Due to having to catch the angel I changed up the rock scape

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My coral beauty in my S6S0 is exactly the same, he hates new comers and harasses them for a few days. Just plain nasty....

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My coral beauty is the same way. Harasses new fish for a few days but then mellows out towards them. My CB gets along fine with my Carpenter Wrasse. Took about a week though.

OP
OP
DungSl1nger

DungSl1nger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My coral beauty is the same way. Harasses new fish for a few days but then mellows out towards them. My CB gets along fine with my Carpenter Wrasse. Took about a week though.

I am going to try to re-introduce her tomorrow. I have all day so if she goes scorched earth I can pull her back out.

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try putting the coral beauty in an isolation box in your tank for a few days. It lets the fish check each other out for a few days and get used to each other while still being separated. That's what I did when introducing my wrasse to the tank with the coral beauty.

OP
OP
DungSl1nger

DungSl1nger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try putting the coral beauty in an isolation box in your tank for a few days. It lets the fish check each other out for a few days and get used to each other while still being separated. That's what I did when introducing my wrasse to the tank with the coral beauty.

I’ll see if it can find one

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Typical behavior of any small angel. Unfortunately it’s really their only major downside. Only thing that’s ever calmed mine down is adding something that is an even bigger bully

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back