OP
J

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a soft cheap makeup brush, preferably brushes that are used for eye makeup. The bristles are soft and gentle enough to not hurt or aggravate the coral. Use the brush to remove any algae and eggs off your corals.
I will do this thank you! Should I take out the new zoas and check again or is it too late for my tank

OP
OP
J

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the feeling of the OP. Reefing is a wonderfully hobby but can also be very stressful. IMO coral QT can be difficult because you need to provide adequate light and if a new QT setup the result is significant algae growth. My process is to purchase from on-line sources who specialize in coral and maintain coral systems free of fish, inspect, use UV and other techniques to make sure the livestock is healthy and disease/pest free. Having said that, I also dip using the Billy Pipes method and when adding zoas use H2O2 per his recommendation.

Really like this video

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand but so far I got all my coral from reefers who dip/quarantine and I don’t have a problem. I got a monti from a store and I just noticed I think. Vermetid snails, I can post a picture later maybe you can help. They are nowhere else since I just moved to a new tank other than my monti so I hope they aren’t vermetids, but I’ll post a pic later. I don’t know I’m just annoyed cause I just started that new tank, I never see white string or anything so maybe they aren’t

Ya post a pic of what you think are vermetids. In my experience they are very easily dealt with if caught early.

OP
OP
J

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya post a pic of what you think are vermetids. In my experience they are very easily dealt with if caught early.
Yes I found two vermetids on my big rock and a couple under my monti. I’m really frustrated, best way to get rid of them?

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes I found two vermetids on my big rock and a couple under my monti. I’m really frustrated, best way to get rid of them?
break off,scrape off, or break stem and gel superglue shut.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can get the rock out of the tank do that and then use pliers or something to tear it off and rinse very well. If you cant what i do is use regular super glue(thin stuff) and squirt into the hole. Then use super glue gel to seal the top of the hole and around the base just in case there is a hole i cant see

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also just inspect rocks regularly for awhile. If you have three you may have more, but in my experience if you stay on them sealing holes every few days before a huge infestation they can be dealt with. If you wait until tank is overrun it almost impossible.

OP
OP
J

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can get the rock out of the tank do that and then use pliers or something to tear it off and rinse very well. If you cant what i do is use regular super glue(thin stuff) and squirt into the hole. Then use super glue gel to seal the top of the hole and around the base just in case there is a hole i cant see
Thank you

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 51 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back