Coral Dying Help!

NanoMan16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok woke up 3 days ago and noticed all my coral was closed up. Didn’t think much of it at first *mistake*. Next day same and started to worry. Tested water with Red Sea test kits all looked ok nothing to crazy. Today my Duncan’s green skin around base is starting to peel away showing the white skeleton. My Acan frag is dead bleach white. My toadstool leather is a white solid lump so dead. Zoa’s and GSP are closed with a brown almost red slime over the opening. Help I have know idea what is going on. I’ve had a tank crash but usually something was wrong. Plus my fish are fat and happy.
Water Condition:
Temp- 79.2-80F
PH- 8.3-8.4
Ammonia- 0.5
Nitrite- 0
Nitrate- 10
Alk- 8-10
PO4- 1
Calcium- 480
System Info:
Biocube 16, 460gph wave maker, stock pump, chemipure elite, purigen, running chateo in the middle chamber, stock lights blues 12hrs - whites 8hrs

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IDK if anyone else has had issues with too much copper from the additive but i havent dont much research on aquavitro fuel, aquavitro in general are not bad additives, might want to search a few threads or start a new one asking if other have had issue with copper + aquavitro fuel, sorry im not too much help on that front

Upvote 0
OP
OP
NanoMan16

NanoMan16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just retested my water…
Everything is the same except Ammonia is now 1.2 that might be the problem also. Odd that it showed 0.5 earlier.

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Just retested my water…
Everything is the same except Ammonia is now 1.2 that might be the problem also. Odd that it showed 0.5 earlier.
Not only is ammonia high, but you may be getting false reading. You mentioned you but water from LFS. Test that water before using it for Ammonia-ph-nitrate and Phosphate
Moderate light and water flow and assure there are no little black bugs on any of your corals.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
NanoMan16

NanoMan16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not only is ammonia high, but you may be getting false reading. You mentioned you but water from LFS. Test that water before using it for Ammonia-ph-nitrate and Phosphate
Moderate light and water flow and assure there are no little black bugs on any of your corals.
I do test it every time and always 0 everything, PH 8.2, Alk 7, calc 460, PO4 0 TDS 0. And no black bugs that I can see. Only ampipods on rocks…

Upvote 0

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back