Coral ID and placement

iigrinchii

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 14, 2021
Messages
8
Reaction score
2
Location
pompano beach
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. I’m a new reefer in the sense that I had a fish only tank a few years ago. Since we moved, had kids and life happened. Started out again 7 weeks ago with a Fluval all in one 15 gallon nano tank. Which I want some fish and some coral in. I have to confess I have no idea of what curls I have and where I should be placing them as far as light intensity and water flow goes. Also there is this green hue on the top of my live rocks. Coralline or some sort of alge since it’s closest to the lights? Could you please give me some advice on the corals.
 
In a new tank, the light green algae on the rock is pretty common and nothing to be concerned with at this time. Maybe pick up a couple snails to start cleaning the rocks.

As for coral placement...that will be different for every single coral. You need to get an idea of what the par levels are for your lights at the different placements and choose corals that excel in those par levels. Also, the other variable is flow...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new