Coral ID help?

MichTheDrizzard

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 22, 2023
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
Minnesota, USA
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!

Long time reader, first time poster. I have a largely LPS tank and when I ordered some corals recently, the vendor (AquaSD who were amazing!) gave me a freebie frag. I have no idea what it is and I like it so I want to place it in my DT permanently off of the rack and don’t know where based on light and flow needs because I don’t know what it is. It doesn’t have a very fleshy polyp and seems mostly stony. Any ideas what this is ?

Thanks in advance!

IMG_2210.jpeg
 
Hi all!

Long time reader, first time poster. I have a largely LPS tank and when I ordered some corals recently, the vendor (AquaSD who were amazing!) gave me a freebie frag. I have no idea what it is and I like it so I want to place it in my DT permanently off of the rack and don’t know where based on light and flow needs because I don’t know what it is. It doesn’t have a very fleshy polyp and seems mostly stony. Any ideas what this is ?

Thanks in advance!

IMG_2210.jpeg
Looks like ultra favia or goniastra favia
 
Merulinidae sp; possibly Dipsastraea
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new