Coral ID - is this a Scoly?

Richsreef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 3, 2022
Messages
11
Reaction score
11
Location
Bedfordshire
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there, I purchased this LPS coral over a year ago as a Scoly but I’ve never seen one like it since and it’s very different with its feeding response compared to my War Paint Scoly (which definitely is a Scoly). Any suggestions welcome!
3FA9DEB0-3351-4D86-A5A8-324FA237DB27.jpeg
 
Hi there, I purchased this LPS coral over a year ago as a Scoly but I’ve never seen one like it since and it’s very different with its feeding response compared to my War Paint Scoly (which definitely is a Scoly). Any suggestions welcome!
3FA9DEB0-3351-4D86-A5A8-324FA237DB27.jpeg
Appears to be a button scoly but similar to acan enchinata
 
Appears to be a button scoly but similar to acan enchinata
Thanks for the reply! I don’t think it’s an Acan Echinata as it is developing a second mouth in the center and I believe Acan Echinata develop ‘buds’ on the outside of the polyp. Thanks for the button Scoly suggestion!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new