Coral ID please

mrk1720

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I decided to be Captain-save-a-coral from Pet*o last month and got this for free because it looked basically like a dead slab.

Got it home and gave it a dip and a brush. Two days later a few polyps came out. A month later and this slab is almost totally encrusting again. And growing .. FAST

The issue is that I have no Idea what it is.. Any ideas?

I'm new to R2R but not new to reefing and I know research is the first step to buying anything for your tank. But I took a chance.

Thanks in advance.

day 2.jpg 1 month.jpg

Last edited:

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I decided to be Captain-save-a-coral from Pet*o last month and got this for free because it looked basically like a dead slab.

Got it home and gave it a dip and a brush. Two days later a few polyps came out. A month later and this slab is almost totally encrusting again. And growing .. FAST

The issue is that I have no Idea what it is.. Any ideas?

I'm new to R2R but not new to reefing and I know research is the first step to buying anything for your tank. But I took a chance.

Thanks in advance.

day 2.jpg 1 month.jpg
purple Plating monti

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 37 59.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back