Coral ID pls

azreefer98

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 27, 2024
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi could anyone help me identify this coral frag i got from my LFS a while ago. I was told it was a blasto but im not sure if the person knew certainly. Its been opening and feeding fine no issue. Just been keeping it in medium flow place mid tank for the meanwhile.

Thank you to anyone who chimes in , i appreciate it lots.

IMG_0433.jpeg IMG_0434.jpeg
 
I honestly can’t tell, but check parms because that appears to be on its way out.
 
Would need to wait for it to grow out more to tell, but definitely not Blastomussa. My best guess would be Oulophyllia, but I'm not confident in that ID.
 
Hi could anyone help me identify this coral frag i got from my LFS a while ago. I was told it was a blasto but im not sure if the person knew certainly. Its been opening and feeding fine no issue. Just been keeping it in medium flow place mid tank for the meanwhile.

Thank you to anyone who chimes in , i appreciate it lots.

IMG_0433.jpeg IMG_0434.jpeg
Is that how the coral has always looked? I agree it’s not a blasto. Maybe a lobo or oulophyllia
 
Is that how the coral has always looked? I agree it’s not a blasto. Maybe a lobo or oulophyllia
It does get a bit puffier throughout the day but it look almost identical to how it looked when i picked it out at the LFS.
 
Another possibility--although extremely unlikely--is that it could be an Atlantic Faviid, given that this does not look like any Indo-Pacific Merulinid or Lobophylliid.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new