Coral id

Alby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can anyone help identify this please as I’ve had a couple of different answers also what you would expect to pay.

9A06B58B-EAB3-4C08-905F-9E5548C9AC92.jpeg

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Looks to be a bounce mushroom of some type maybe? No idea on price as they're not my cup of tea ;) lol
But welcome to the forum i'm sure someone with more knowledge will chime in :)

#WelcometoR2R
A2ZL3Je.gif

OP
OP
Alby

Alby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Looks to be a bounce mushroom of some type maybe? No idea on price as they're not my cup of tea ;) lol
But welcome to the forum i'm sure someone with more knowledge will chime in :)

#WelcometoR2R
A2ZL3Je.gif
Thank you appreciate that. Yes it is a bounce mushroom of sort hopefully someone can help out

OP
OP
Alby

Alby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few the one is double the size of this one. The one in the picture is around golf ball size

ProfessorAronnax

Conscientious Marine Aquarist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lineage
Also what do you mean lineage.
Lineage refers to its origins. A lot of people want to know where their coral came from, who owned it, who identified the genetics etc...Kind of like a thoroughbred animal.

For example: One of the most popular bounces is the WWC OG Bounce.The lineage being from World Wide Corals.The colors are amazing and a mother is massive.Therefore, a large healthy OG Bounce could go for a lot of money.

OP
OP
Alby

Alby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lineage

Lineage refers to its origins. A lot of people want to know where their coral came from, who owned it, who identified the genetics etc...Kind of like a thoroughbred animal.

For example: One of the most popular bounces is the WWC OG Bounce.The lineage being from World Wide Corals.The colors are amazing and a mother is massive.Therefore, a large healthy OG Bounce could go for a lot of money.
Ok thanks for that I got it just as a tiny thing at the bottom of my lfs and it just took off in my tank. Unfortunately I’m shutting down my tank as I’m moving house so livestock etc has got to go hence why I was asking

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 66 44.6%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 33.1%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 22 14.9%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 9 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back