Coral ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter Oscar72
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Oscar72

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 10, 2018
Messages
53
Reaction score
36
Location
Huntersville, NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe it was marked wrong at the LFS

IMG_0340 (1).jpg
 
Sorry forgot to add that! They had it as Pagoda, thought Pagoda where more of a cup shape.
Pagoda coral is cup shaped or flat with large polyps making it an LPS. Your coral is branching, definitely not pagoda. Does it look like this?
Screenshot_20200106-115853_Chrome.jpg
 
Yes, googled that a it looks a lot like the green Pavona Makevinsis... Makes perfect sense now! Pagoda -- Pavona. I can see how that may have been misinterpreted from one person to another.
Your welcome, that's a nice coral.
 
Your welcome, that's a nice coral.
Thanks.... I have it about 6" for the bottom of a 75 gallon. I'm currently running 3 Kessil a160we and its pretty much directly below one. I'll be added 2 T5s later this month. Have added a couple few more Acrporas and Montiporas, so I feel I need a little better coverage.
 
Either Porites or Pavona, Interesting to see what it looks like once polyps come out
 
Thanks.... I have it about 6" for the bottom of a 75 gallon. I'm currently running 3 Kessil a160we and its pretty much directly below one. I'll be added 2 T5s later this month. Have added a couple few more Acrporas and Montiporas, so I feel I need a little better coverage.
Sounds like a nice spot for it, pavona does not require a lot of light so you'll be fine
 
+1 on it being P. maldivinesis

IME green is usually more rare in the hobby than the orange variety.

Nice pickup!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new