Coral identification

nex.jenn

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2023
Messages
6
Reaction score
22
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I'm having trouble IDing this coral with 100% certainty. It was sold to me as an acan, but I've had conflicting opinions come in afterwards from other reefers. I can't find anything online that resembles it, but maybe I'm not looking in the right places. Any help is appreciated.

IMG_20230813_192828.jpg
 
The striations and relatively uniform shape of the disc makes me think Scolymia, but I could be wrong.
 
Thanks for the responses! And yeah, scoly is what I keep hearing as the other possibility.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new