Coral limp/gap not opening

mazza

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 8, 2024
Messages
67
Reaction score
12
Location
dublin Ireland
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
Hi all I’ve recently picked up my first set of corals as a beginner a Kenya tree and gsp frag the Kenya tree seems like it’s limping and my gsp hasn’t opened really it’s been 4 ours since placed my alk is 7.7dKH should I dose the salifert all in one to speed up the process also is the placement ok for these coral.

image.jpg image.jpg
 
Placement is good for these guys! I’d give them a day or two… leathers and GSP can be overly sensitive. Not in the water chemistry necessarily but they just tend to mope sometimes, especially when new or just moved.
 
Thanks for the reply yeah my gsp was opening until the clownfish rubbed off it and it quickly closed up I’ll give it a day or 2 thanks
 
Placement is good for these guys! I’d give them a day or two… leathers and GSP can be overly sensitive. Not in the water chemistry necessarily but they just tend to mope sometimes, especially when new or just moved.

Placement is good for these guys! I’d give them a day or two… leathers and GSP can be overly sensitive. Not in the water chemistry necessarily but they just tend to mope sometimes, especially when new or just moved.
Thanks for the reply yeah my gsp was opening until the clownfish rubbed off it and it quickly closed up I’ll give it a day or 2 thanks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new