Coral Lok

OceanRescueAlliance

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral Lok is an innovate, alternative means of fastening coral fragments to the reef structure. Prior methods of fastening could include using an epoxy adhesive to attach the coral; however, this process can cause stress to coral and hinder survival rates on the reef or in the tank. Coral Lok is a system of receivers and plugs, in which the plug has a threaded bottom that twists into the receiver. This method eliminates the challenges mentioned, while substantially increasing the efficiency of coral out planting and providing a safer process for the coral! The Coral Lok technique can outplant 10-20 corals at a time! The plug, also called a frag plug, comes in different designs to allow for different corals species to successfully grow on them. Coral Lok fasteners are made from inert materials like calcium carbonate, silica, and limestone so they will not harm the corals or the reef, and they will not corrode, oxidize, or breakdown in the ocean. Check out this video to learn more!

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is very cool. So is a screw hole drilled into the rock that the frag is screwed into or is there a plug base that is fitted into the rock to which the frag is screwed into?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back