coral placement and health

BaileyAR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So had a 15g jbj cubey for almost 4 months.
Coral added after the first week
Then second-week fish
All levels were good
Posting full tank shot. want to see if I'm in the right direction for placement and health
A few questions are...
Are my zoas too close together?
2 corals don't seem to look healthy see pics
Currently snagged a few corals in wwc sale and will be here next week and want to know a good placement for the new addition

WWC Bubblegum Cyphastrea​

Tyree Space Ghost Favites​

Small Jason Fox Outer Space Psammocora​

Sour Explosion Ricordea Mushroom​

Jason Fox Enchanted Forest Birdsnest​

WWC Purple Polyp Birdsnest​

WWC Fantasy Island Birdsnest​

Kedds Reds Zoanthids​

WWC Blue Death Palythoa​

King Midas Zoanthids​

not sure the best spots to put them and will show full pics of tank and rockwork.
what i know that i currently have is those
five zoas at the bottom
1 kenya
1 pipeorgan
1 war coral
what i think is a psammocora in the middle
to left yellow idk

IMG_0782.jpg IMG_0777.jpg IMG_0778.jpg IMG_0780.jpg IMG_0781.jpg image5.jpeg image4.jpeg image3.jpeg image2.jpeg image1 (1).jpeg image0 (1).jpeg IMG_0782.jpg

OP
OP
B

BaileyAR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice start! Zoas and palys are fine touching. Many people make zoa gardens with many types growing into one another.
922D0E30-06D0-4FE4-9A8A-276E93BA69B3.jpeg
So i know im good on the zoas at the bottom the garden is what im going for. Think the war coral at the bottom left will do. And want to place my 3 birdsnest evenly along the top just dont want to take up too much space. Can fit the 2 duncans on the lower top between the birdsnest. And let my 2 mushrooms sit in the bottom 2 front corner and let them plant them selfs somewhere they want unless that come already on something. Need to figure out rest or readjust based on growth or harm other corals wanna do it once and right

OP
OP
B

BaileyAR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also so maybe dumb way i did it but puttyed that whole structure together out of like 5 or 6 rocks. And i put in as one piece and i fit like a glove. So i tried removing that center what looks like a psammocora in the middle i could not remove him and no way am i taking that structure out. How would i remove coral like that

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The blue death paly can touch?
Yes, but they can sting other species of corals. Remember when handling, zoas but especially palys, they contain dangerous toxins. Always wear gloves and eye protection. Google Tidal Gardens Zoanthus coral care. Great info.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back