Coral placement help. PLEASE....lol

bdejong1112o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so I have some coral in my tank and while they are all doing ok I am starting to think about long term placement. I am looking to see who can, should be or shouldnt be placed near eachother.

Here is what I have so far..at least what I can remember since I didnt write them all down and well, I forget things. Lol

I have the following
  • Two types of GSP, one green and one more yellow and with shorter polyps.
  • One blasto frag, was a single head but now has two with several more tucked under the main one. Guy called it a green hornet.
  • One just green blasto, kind of taller than the other.
  • Two duncan frag, one was a single head but now has two additionals growing off the same stalk and is lime green. The other is a 4 head frag and more purple in color.
  • One bright green trumpet with three heads.
  • Two torch, one green tip and one blue tip.
  • One fire and ice zoa
  • One eagle eye zoa
  • One solid blue small polyp zoa
  • One orange puff ball looking thing. Will post picture for ID.
  • Two orange ricordia frags
  • One three head hammer, green with purple heads.
  • One large 4 head aliopora, green and doing great.
  • One single head hammer, small frag but well rounded.
  • Two acans, these are still in the sand.
  • One large favia colony, will post picture.
Right now the two torch corals are at opposite ends of the tank. One in each corner where the flow is nice and calm but keeps the polyps flowing nicely. They appear to be happy here. Can theynstay on the sand bed?

The green GSP is on its own island rock. I would like to place the other type on the same rock. Can the coexist on the same rock?

Can i place the duncans in the same area and let them grow togather? It would be nice to have them intermix..

Not much is glued down yet other than the aleopora. It was on good stalks that fit perfect on the tonga branch and put it in a perfect spot for flow and lighting.

Ok, so what can be close to or next to eachother? I will post poctures tommorrow to help clear up the type of corals and where they are in the tank. Here is the wide view of the tank.

20171210_190528.jpg

OP
OP
bdejong1112o

bdejong1112o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for that. It helps with the depth of placement. Now i need some info on what can be next to eachother.

For instance, i would like to have a region of acans. Looking a WWC they have several Aussi Lords that i would like to mix. Its a large platform area and i would place three or four types around the edge and let them grow to eachother. Can I do this?

webmanny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know much about the Aussi Lords. I can answer a few of your questions above.

1. You can mix GSP with each other colors, but anything else you place in that rock, will get drowned by the GSP eventually.
  2. Hammers, Frogspawns and Octospawns can be together and most times Torches can do well next to them, but not always.
  3. The torch corals should be good where they are, but they tend to like a bit more flow and light. If they are happy where they are and you are happy with how they look, you should leave them where they are.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back