Coral Placement

boyofmystery

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 19, 2024
Messages
25
Reaction score
12
Location
BC
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks, I am planning to add a Superman Mushroom, a small toadstool leather frag, and a small frogspawn frag to my 1 year old 32 gallon cube. I am 99% sure that I will be putting the mushroom on the sandbed next to the candycane and the lepto (closer to the zoa island). However, I have trouble figuring out the best placements for the toadstool (spot 6-8) and the frogspawn (spot 1-5, my envisioned euphyllia corner since I plan to add additional torches or hammers or bubbles in the future). Yes, there is a lot of blade macroalgae there at the moment but I can easily trim those back to make space. Any suggestions? (And yes, my glass needs a proper clean)

Current stocking list (if that matters):
  1. 2 clowns
  2. yellow watchman goby + tiger pistol shrimp pair
  3. cleaner shrimp
  4. tailspot blenny
  5. royal gramma (joining later this week)

  1. 1 green Nepthea
  2. 1 Duncan
  3. 1 Candycane (it's staying 2 heads for 1 year already. can't seem to get it to split)
  4. 1 Pink Zipper Zoa
  5. 1 Sunny D Zoa
  6. 1 Honeycomb Lepto (got it for free and struggling to keep it healthy
  7. 2 tiny Bird's Nest (also got them for free)

Media.jpg
 
Also, was wondering if I can put another kind of coral amongst my zoas on my zoa island, or will it overshadow my zoas and smother them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new