Coral question

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey all :)
By far, I’m not “new” to the hobby but seeing as I’m so indecisive about this I wanted to open it up to opinions!

I have a nuvo 10 that’s fairly new in my house and it’s going to be filled with rock nems. It’s going to be a species only tank with 1 exception. I just don’t know what to make the one exception! I’m thinking something blue, torn between riccordia, acan, blasto.
It’s going to go on the little island in the front right:
0338E127-D772-42C6-9617-AB2CFEE38A46.jpeg

I’ve already replaced the light with a prime HD (the other was a random grow out light). Par will be anywhere from 200-150 at the bottom where I want to keep the undecided addition.

What would be a great blue coral to add? Or even a different color that’s interesting? I’ve had all sorts of corals through the years, but my tanks have always been medium to high nutrient so I’ve never done well with sps. Also, I plan on having tons of little nems roaming around so I need something that won’t hurt them (like feeding tentacles /stinging). Thoughts?

mfrumkin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are doing rock nems I'd go with acan or ricordea. I am doing the same thing with a 29gl tank. The floor will be rock nems and the stack will be zoas, ricordea, and maybe acan.

OP
OP
ahiggins

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also thought about tyree toadstool (loved my last) buy they grow so fast!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back