Coral Suggestions

AngelR98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I finally got an upgraded light, I have AI Prime 16 HD. I know that there are other important factors besides lighting, but any suggestions for hard corals or more advanced corals now that I’m in a better lighting situation? Thanks in advance.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What's the size and age of your tank, and what do you have for reef inhabitants?
This... I did look at your other thread and you stated you have a Duncan and some zoas. I would still stick to LPS, but when you mean Stony coral I think you are referring to sticks (acros).

I'd start with bird's-nest and a monti cap.

OP
OP
A

AngelR98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I finally got an upgraded light, I have AI Prime 16 HD. I know that there are other important factors besides lighting, but any suggestions for hard corals or more advanced corals now that I’m in a better lighting situation? Thanks in advance.
What's the size and age of your tank, and what do you have for reef inhabitants?
Ahh yes I have a 24 gallon with 2 clown, 2 wrasses, 1 royal gramma and yes the Duncan, zoas some gsp, and Xenia

jhadaway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had great luck with Stylos and Poccis. My Milka Stylo has been the fastest grower in the tank. I have a ORA Bird of Paradise that been a real pain for some reason. I have found that annacropora and birdsnest do not seem to like as much flow and light as some other sps. At least not for me. The milka stylo is in 150-200 PAR. I have a Rainbow Stylo, Green Pocci and Rainbow Pocci about 6" under the water, under a Hydra 32 taking a good bit of light and 8-12" from a gyre pump. They are also growing well but not as fast as the milk stylo. You can get a nice piece on sale for $25-$40 I would think. As you can see they are pretty tolerant of different conditions. Save acros for the 1 year plus mark and save yourself some frustration (and money).

BTW-give that duncan some space. Mine is like a bush at 1.5yrs. Beautiful and underrated coral. I love feeding mine and watching it close to eat. Like a venus fly trap.

Good Luck, my 2 cents

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back