Coral viewing glasses for prescriptions?

  • Thread starter Thread starter D'sreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

D'sreef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 10, 2025
Messages
937
Reaction score
2,927
Location
Parrish, AL
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I am sure like myself many of you suffer from having to use prescription glasses. Depending on your prescription using a pair of coralvue glasses or something similar is completely off the table, and often leads to eye strain and head aches. So what's the solution here? Well buying a pair of prescription glasses that are tinted is most definitely an option, but I am here to share another. This may not be the most glorious or fashionable thing, but polarized night driving clip-ons will provide the spectacle wearing hominid an affordable and easy on the eye coral viewing experience. I would even argue that the view is better than the "coral viewing glasses" that are marketed. I myself decided to go full geek and even purchased the flip up kind. Here is the link of the ones I purchased https://a.co/d/c50MHn9. They are even available in bulk if you want to share the viewing experience with your spectacle wearing friends, or if you run a LFS and want to provide the same experience to your spectacle wearing customers. I do hope this finds the people who were as aggravated as I was at getting head aches to enjoy my hobby. As always enjoy.
 
So, I am sure like myself many of you suffer from having to use prescription glasses. Depending on your prescription using a pair of coralvue glasses or something similar is completely off the table, and often leads to eye strain and head aches. So what's the solution here? Well buying a pair of prescription glasses that are tinted is most definitely an option, but I am here to share another. This may not be the most glorious or fashionable thing, but polarized night driving clip-ons will provide the spectacle wearing hominid an affordable and easy on the eye coral viewing experience. I would even argue that the view is better than the "coral viewing glasses" that are marketed. I myself decided to go full geek and even purchased the flip up kind. Here is the link of the ones I purchased https://a.co/d/c50MHn9. They are even available in bulk if you want to share the viewing experience with your spectacle wearing friends, or if you run a LFS and want to provide the same experience to your spectacle wearing customers. I do hope this finds the people who were as aggravated as I was at getting head aches to enjoy my hobby. As always enjoy.
I put my coral viewing glasses over my prescription glasses. It is awkward, but works when I'm up close to the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new