Coralife super skimmer 65g possibly missing part

fishmanNathan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I recently just bought the coralife super skimmer 65g model and I was setting it up and noticed that I seem to be missing a connecting piece. My pump that came with it does not have a piece sticking up to attach the tubing into for the in sump setup. It looks like an open screw for something to be screwed into but the only piece I have is the flow control valve which is says to only use for the HOB setup. I ordered it off Amazon and it looks like there is a piece that I don't have for this. As of right now I have no way to attach the tubing into the pump without using the flow control valve. I will add pictured to better show what I am dealing with. I am not sure what to do here because I ordered it off Amazon and already got a new one because the previous one I ordered was used when it should have been new. What stumps me further is that the used one seemed to also have been missing that same part. I'm pretty new to this stuff and this is my first skimmer so I very well could be doing something wrong but the directions don't seem very clear. The directions also show the pump as already having the piece sticking out for the tube to be inserted into. It's a Sunday so I am not able to call the company but I already had a few setbacks and wanted to get this done sooner which is disappointing. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

20240107_162108.jpg 20240107_162056.jpg

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know. Sorry. Coralife is in business still and they have a phone number at the bottom of their web page. They have been helpful in the past.

Edit - I see that you saw that they have a phone number, so I hope that you got it all sorted out.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 127 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.4%
Back