Coralline algae introduction

Volcmreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following this, I just ordered two bottles for my 80 gallon SPS reef. It has been up and running for a year and a half, so let's see how it does on an "established tank". Will keep everyone posted or my progress, thanks.

Jon

MBX5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 30 days since I introduced. Started to see a few small spots on the back and a nice patch of dark red on some rocks. I’ll post some photos when I get home.

AzReefn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few small spots of coralline starting to appear on my rocks in a 90g. I, like many others want coralline but it seems to populate very slow. I ordered a bottle of this also and should be arriving in a day or two. I'll update any results after I put it in as well.

Salty.Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t used this product but due to lazy reef syndrome I have seen on my glass how green hard calcarious spots turn into purple Coraline as they grow. While I can not say this is not coraline overtaking these green spots, it does lead me to believe that some coraline possibly begins it’s life cycle as green and will turn purple.

AzReefn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t used this product but due to lazy reef syndrome I have seen on my glass how green hard calcarious spots turn into purple Coraline as they grow. While I can not say this is not coraline overtaking these green spots, it does lead me to believe that some coraline possibly begins it’s life cycle as green and will turn purple.

I have to agree. I posted a while ago about a hard green algae on my rocks that wouldn't scrape or brush off and was told by quite a few people it may be the beginning of coralline. At least 50% of the green is gone now and some spots are turning purple. Here are a couple pics of where it's starting to turn.

This is a pic from last week as the majority of green is going away and some is turning purple.
baby snails.jpg

This is when I had a lot of green and some of it first started turning
Beginning of Coralline.jpg

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to agree. I posted a while ago about a hard green algae on my rocks that wouldn't scrape or brush off and was told by quite a few people it may be the beginning of coralline. At least 50% of the green is gone now and some spots are turning purple. Here are a couple pics of where it's starting to turn.

This is a pic from last week as the majority of green is going away and some is turning purple.
baby snails.jpg

This is when I had a lot of green and some of it first started turning
Beginning of Coralline.jpg

That's the same green I have, you're saying that went away and is now purple? ;)

AzReefn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that’s great news, thanks
Like Salty Reefer said there are many different variables but there's a good chance it is. I actually just noticed a dozen or so spots on my back glass that I think are coralline too [emoji16]. Now if I can just get my nem outta hiding [emoji53]

MBX5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some spots at small marker with yellow arrows. You can also see some light pinks starting on the back overflow.
7849E090-4E8B-49FC-A628-DFF6AEE21DF2.jpeg
3258D9DB-1FE6-46A9-A3F6-B122CC55C089.jpeg
4F701B58-18B6-458A-A12B-BB198CC352C4.jpeg
4BA10CD9-12BF-4B2D-838F-EB23AAEB22B1.jpeg

OP
OP
W Haymaker

W Haymaker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I introduced on January 22nd. I was wondering about the green but it has some hair to it now so I don't think mine is from the bottle.

Just noticed some purple/pink developing today though. I ordered another bottle as a precaution and arrives today or tomorrow but it looks to be taking hold. Lots of diatoms too.
5b3d07c6f9b22065913d70b667b2def8.jpg
914fffd7cab641ee39332930f37aa73c.jpg

grassy_noel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I introduced on January 22nd. I was wondering about the green but it has some hair to it now so I don't think mine is from the bottle.

Just noticed some purple/pink developing today though. I ordered another bottle as a precaution and arrives today or tomorrow but it looks to be taking hold. Lots of diatoms too.
5b3d07c6f9b22065913d70b667b2def8.jpg
914fffd7cab641ee39332930f37aa73c.jpg
Yes! Looks good. Can't wait to get mine started once I move my tank at the end of next month...

impatientreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, new here. I added ARC to my tank 3 weeks ago, but don't expect coralline growth for another month or so.

I do have a Q though, has anyone added PurpleUp upon seeing coralline growth? This is something I was planning on doing but wanted to see if anyone else had experience with this.

Thanks

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, new here. I added ARC to my tank 3 weeks ago, but don't expect coralline growth for another month or so.

I do have a Q though, has anyone added PurpleUp upon seeing coralline growth? This is something I was planning on doing but wanted to see if anyone else had experience with this.

Thanks

I have added it. I see a little growth .

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back