E

EL6

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
isnt 10711 mg/l = 10.7 ppt ?
Honestly I have no idea, but Na on the ICP test was 10711 mg/l and it was in good range according to them. Unless I'm mistaken and Na is not sodium? With my hanna it is 1.025 and my lfs it's the same on their hanna.

Blumy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m far from an expert but I have same tank with only the rear sump. I used live rock and live sand. It’s a year and a half old and growing SPS like a champ. I run the Red Sea preset at 100% blue, 50% white. Maybe your dry rock and dry sand has not created enough microbiology yet. You also said you have a negative space aquascape. Mine is a huge pile. Doesn’t look like it from the picture but that is rock on top of rock on top of rock with the “cool” pieces added last. Something to consider anyway.

FEACBD03-A138-46AE-9A88-228032D540AF.jpeg

Deep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I have no idea, but Na on the ICP test was 10711 mg/l and it was in good range according to them. Unless I'm mistaken and Na is not sodium? With my hanna it is 1.025 and my lfs it's the same on their hanna.

okay , NA is not a measure of salinity so maybe they dont provide a salinity measure. 1.025 is good.

OP
OP
E

EL6

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m far from an expert but I have same tank with only the rear sump. I used live rock and live sand. It’s a year and a half old and growing SPS like a champ. I run the Red Sea preset at 100% blue, 50% white. Maybe your dry rock and dry sand has not created enough microbiology yet. You also said you have a negative space aquascape. Mine is a huge pile. Doesn’t look like it from the picture but that is rock on top of rock on top of rock with the “cool” pieces added last. Something to consider anyway.

FEACBD03-A138-46AE-9A88-228032D540AF.jpeg
I have thought about my choices to use dry for awhile now. All other tanks before this one I used live rock and sand and never had an issue. I also just stacked rock before, but this time tried the nsa. I think I'm gonna let my tank continue to mature, and hope that it works itself out with time. Your tank is awesome, I hope mine can look similar someday. I am growing coraline like crazy and my bta is loving life.

Blumy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have thought about my choices to use dry for awhile now. All other tanks before this one I used live rock and sand and never had an issue. I also just stacked rock before, but this time tried the nsa. I think I'm gonna let my tank continue to mature, and hope that it works itself out with time. Your tank is awesome, I hope mine can look similar someday. I am growing coraline like crazy and my bta is loving life.
I am 100% sure you will. The E260 is bomb proof. My first attempt at reefing; like I said, no expert. With all that SPS I dose live phytoplankton and reef energy AB daily and reef foundation between weekly water changes to keep the levels up. I only test the water parameters every 3-4 months now that it’s stable. Great tank.

OP
OP
E

EL6

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am 100% sure you will. The E260 is bomb proof. My first attempt at reefing; like I said, no expert. With all that SPS I dose live phytoplankton and reef energy AB daily and reef foundation between weekly water changes to keep the levels up. I only test the water parameters every 3-4 months now that it’s stable. Great tank.
Thank you for sharing your tank. I don't see many with it that only have the rear sump. I do agree it is a sleek tank with great potential.

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use seachem reef plus twice a week . It will make your skimmer work over time. My monti started turning white so I turned lights down and ramped them back up slowly he is fine now.

OP
OP
E

EL6

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use seachem reef plus twice a week . It will make your skimmer work over time. My monti started turning white so I turned lights down and ramped them back up slowly he is fine now.
Thank you for the advice. I turned my lights down and my powerheads. Most of the sps didn't make it but my softies are thriving now. My plan is to let my tank mature more and try again if I think I must. I do really enjoy the flow of softies, so for now I'm happy.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.6%
Back