Corals dying

Mine too. But I was not seeing rapid melting, just a noticeable reduction in the hours the polyps would stay open.
Ya, one day they just started to close up with a few just half open. They did not outright die. Fortunately, after moving them around, water changes etc. I met a private owner of a saltwater businesses and he said perhaps your iodide trace is to low. Zoas need a little iodine as this acts like a growth hormone.... But if I would of not figured this out surely they would of died.
 
Did you have something get in your water? Try doing a couple of water changes
 
Did you have something get in your water? Try doing a couple of water changes
We have quite a bit of water changes and last night we did a 50% water change to see if that would help. To our knowledge nothing got in the tank and there are never any chemicals used around the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new