OP
tautog83

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well finally got par meter , had 200 par on bottom . About 350 where the hammers are and the tops were about 460, most sps were in the 300 to 400 . Besides the stylo and birds of paradise which were close to.the bottom

OP
OP
tautog83

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
not really. coraline seems to be coming back though . i dont really have any sps left . i have a purple stylo that is growing but other than that even my birds of paradise is just withering away . doing my huge water change now, all new carbon , will do an icp test next month and then try a tester sps and see what happens ..*shrug*

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are using a reactor for your carbon, I would do either of these 2. Take it completely offline, or cut down the flow in your reactor to half or even a quarter to what it's currently at now. Since lights are not your issue, and you are getting a good amount of par, you might be stripping your water too much using it.

OP
OP
tautog83

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i just have it running in a bag, but ya i might keep it out for a little to see, i was just thinking after the last wc maybe there is something in there

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just have it running in a bag, but ya i might keep it out for a little to see, i was just thinking after the last wc maybe there is something in there
I only run a bag of carbon if I mess with my zoas. So that means I do that for 4-6 hours once every 2-3 months.

Neoalchemist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it were me I would add some true live rock. I believe that a lot of coral behavior on the reef is guided by chemical cues from other reef residence and by using only dry rock tanks take much longer to develop the life that create the chemical cues. To put it another way. Corals can taste weather or not they are in a healthy diverse reef.

OP
OP
tautog83

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well after a couple big water changes ,switching to tropic marin pro salt , and running a small uv for a couple weeks I think things are looking up . I had one millie that survived and I noticed it getting good pe and some color . So couple weeks ago I tried out a few cheap testers from a friend . All went ok for like 2 weeks so that was reassuring. Went ahead and saw some growth over the glue and was super excited, so hopefully worked through whatever was going on . Picked up.a slimer , bop , and my rainbow stylo . The slimer is already starting to cover glue so all good news . Only issue is that i own a reefer 750 so hopefully it doesnt blow out smh . Thanks for checking in

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well after a couple big water changes ,switching to tropic marin pro salt , and running a small uv for a couple weeks I think things are looking up . I had one millie that survived and I noticed it getting good pe and some color . So couple weeks ago I tried out a few cheap testers from a friend . All went ok for like 2 weeks so that was reassuring. Went ahead and saw some growth over the glue and was super excited, so hopefully worked through whatever was going on . Picked up.a slimer , bop , and my rainbow stylo . The slimer is already starting to cover glue so all good news . Only issue is that i own a reefer 750 so hopefully it doesnt blow out smh . Thanks for checking in
Blow out!!!??? Is that an issue with that model?

OP
OP
tautog83

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
haha well theres a support issue just look at the thread on here. red sea has identified that there is a problem and are sending out a support brace..just going through the motions at this point

ReefHomieJon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i added SPS around the same time you did- 6mo. my tank is 1.5yrs old now. i've lost 2 frags out of a 20 or so. def swap out the ro filters.. just good hygiene in general. it very well might be low nutrients. i've never had that issue.. my p04 runs around .4ppm :eek:
.4? Not .04?
I’m only asking cuz mine was up to .3 at one point and the LFS was acting like I needed to take immediate action(water change, add pho’s bam etc. but my spa were all thriving so I was like I kno I need to keep them in check but I’m not all worried like they were saying I should’ve been... last time I checked they were .1 so my system kind of checked itself. Whats your average number?

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your ph? Maybe thers a co2 issue dissolving corals.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%

Back