Corals in stress?

newreeferr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have noticed for the past 2 days I love 2 mins away from my job so on break I’ll come back and feed my fish. I’ve notice for the past 2 days I get back for break and my coral looks really good open ( it is placed in a spot where it grown and is in between liverock ) but when I get back from work part of the tentacles aren’t fully extended. This has happened but before but for being 2 days in a row could this mean it need a more open area? Ik it’s hard to say without a pictures as well but if I see it does the same thing tm I will end up taking a picture and adding it but. Could this mean my coral need to be moved or is starting to die or anything ? What are warning signs of coral death or coral in stress?

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, you have not even told us what coral your asking about. That is step one, then all of the tank parameters, tank size, age, your water change schedule. There will be more questions, but this will give r2r a place to start.

Matt Bravo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, you have not even told us what coral your asking about. That is step one, then all of the tank parameters, tank size, age, your water change schedule. There will be more questions, but this will give r2r a place to start.
Yeah, provide a photo, parms tank age and as much info as possible. This will give other reefers a chance to analyze your situation and give you the best advice :)

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 87 75.7%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back