Corals

Hey all, I went to my LFS after this thread and had a chat with them about my options, and can say my corals are doing amazing now! We have been feeding them AB+ daily, and I managed to glue the Kenya to a live rock after letting it sit in the sand and attach to some of that for a week or so! Here's a photo of the Kenya loving life
 

Attachments

  • 20241020_175439.jpg
    20241020_175439.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 39
Hey all, I went to my LFS after this thread and had a chat with them about my options, and can say my corals are doing amazing now! We have been feeding them AB+ daily, and I managed to glue the Kenya to a live rock after letting it sit in the sand and attach to some of that for a week or so! Here's a photo of the Kenya loving life
Congrats! Just be careful feeding everyday, it may put you parameters out of wack
 
Congrats! Just be careful feeding everyday, it may put you parameters out of wack
Yeah, I've been keeping a close eye, so far so good! I fitted a new external canister filter too which I was worried about kicking the parameters but they seem all good so far too!
 
Hey all, I went to my LFS after this thread and had a chat with them about my options, and can say my corals are doing amazing now! We have been feeding them AB+ daily, and I managed to glue the Kenya to a live rock after letting it sit in the sand and attach to some of that for a week or so! Here's a photo of the Kenya loving life
Nice!
With only soft corals I would dose 2.5ml 2x per week, it will save you a lot of money, the soft corals don't need it much as other corals since they already get most of their nutrients from the water. In the future, don't glue soft octocorals like Kenya trees, they have a foot they use to attach to the rocks and if you glue it that can end up killing them use a rubber band instead. I would do you best to remove the super glue and then re-attach with a rubber band that can be removed once the foot attaches to the rock. If you can't use a rubber band in this spot put a plastic cup with a hole in the bottom over the coral until it attaches.
 
Nice!
With only soft corals I would dose 2.5ml 2xper week, it will save you a lot of money, the soft corals don't need it much as other corals since they already get most of their nutrients from the water. In the future, don't glue soft octocorals like Kenya trees, they have a foot they use to attach to the rocks and if you glue it that can end up killing them use a rubber band instead. I would do you best to remove the super glue and then re-attach with a rubber band that can be removed once the foot attaches to the rock. If you can't use a rubber band in this spot put a plastic cup with a hole in the bottom over the coral until it attaches.
Ahh fair enough. Thanks for the advice!
To be fair, I didn't put any glue on the actual coral, I put the glue on the sand he'd attached himself to, so if he wants to detach from it he can.

I always appreciate all the advise and will give the cup or rubber band trick a go next time! Thank you!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new