Core 7 Reef Dilution

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

stuharris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As per the title I am looking to dilute my Core 7 reef supplements to account for the doser only dosing in 1 ml increments.

This will be changed with an upgrade but want to be able to more accurately dose for the time being. How much RO/DI water do I need to add to the solutions to dilute? Is it 6L RO to 1L of the bottles?

Any advice is appreciated.

Stu

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can dilute by whatever factor you please, and obviously multiply your dose by the same factor.

One important note is if you currently combine 3a and 3b and double dose that channel then once the solutions are diluted then you should no longer double that channel and have all channels equal on their new dose.

OP
OP
stuharris

stuharris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tim, thank you for the quick response, presumably once diluted you wouldn't recommend mixing 3a and 3b?

I'll make sure the new doser has 4 channels too!! Is there a particular doser that Triton would recommend?

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can still combine them if you want to but keeping them separate is always better.

We do not have a doser that we specifically recommend per se at the moment but would definitely say to invest in a decent one that is reliable and accurate.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 45 29.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 42 27.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 35.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.2%
Back