Coris Wrasse on sand heavy breathing on its side

saltyairman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Coris Wrasse was on its side breathing heavily on the sand bed added chemiclean several hours previously and wonder if that’s the cause all water perimeters are good and went ahead and did the 20% water change any help with this would be greatly appreciated love my wrasse would hate to lose him

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make certain that the tank has plenty of oxygenation, add an airstone or surface agitation.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
My Coris Wrasse was on its side breathing heavily on the sand bed added chemiclean several hours previously and wonder if that’s the cause all water perimeters are good and went ahead and did the 20% water change any help with this would be greatly appreciated love my wrasse would hate to lose him
Hard to assess without video but likely a reaction to treatment as ChemiPure is an antibiotic.. Adding an air stone will help

OP
OP
S

saltyairman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
check ammon levels.....
Ammonia levels are zero

OP
OP
S

saltyairman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#fishmedics

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
He is moving a little more than he was but still laying on his side and breathing really heavily
As stated- a reaction and should improve every few hours. Dont believe this is an ammonia issue as there would have been a reaction prior to treatment

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glancing through it seems like you can’t do much but water change. If it’s a yellow wrasse chemclean shouldn’t hurt him but can’t say it couldn’t. Could you have over dosed? Wrasse can be sensitive to chemicals/meds.
How long you have the wrasse and how big?

OP
OP
S

saltyairman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glancing through it seems like you can’t do much but water change. If it’s a yellow wrasse chemclean shouldn’t hurt him but can’t say it couldn’t. Could you have over dosed? Wrasse can be sensitive to chemicals/meds.
How long you have the wrasse and how big?
I’ve had the wrasse for two months now he is two inches still in the juvenile stage already did a water I went with less on the dosing as a precaution because I heard that about wrasses too

OP
OP
S

saltyairman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had the wrasse for two months now he is two inches still in the juvenile stage already did a water I went with less on the dosing as a precaution because I heard that about wrasses too

IMG_2463.jpeg

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok he actually is a Cori’s lol. Real nice choice.
I don’t think most wrasse are bad with medications but yours can. How it reacts to chemiclean I don’t know but possible.
Also she is young and it wouldn’t be uncommon for her to check out. I have my thoughts why but that won’t help.

Sending good vibes to her

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back