• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Cornbred's Holy Grail

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think perry is missing the point. The reason I ask for lineage is because as we all know, corals can be photoshopped or lighting can be changed to make things look a certain coloration. Knowing the lineage ensures that the coral and coloration you get are indeed what you are paying for. As a buyer, you have little recourse if you get a live coral that ends up not “glowing” like the picture. I have had this before and the seller simply says “must be your lighting”. When you have proof of lineage, you know what coral you have and know the colors. If this coral was being sold for $100, then it wouldn’t be an issue. But when you ask such a price, I feel it’s valid to request proof you are getting what you are paying for. I agree with most of what is said above. But I also think people like us are responding to protect those new reefers who might not know or have experience with corrupt sellers. I am not saying the OP is corrupt or misrepresenting. I’m just saying, for me to purchase something of this price tag, I would want to know what I was getting. I hate when people in this hobby get burned and leave the hobby because they lost $900 on a coral. IMO Those corals need a month to heal before they can ship or sell unless there is a 2 week guarantee on them.
I meant nothing to be or imply a snarky attitude, if it was perceived as insult, I apologize :) I would speculate that anyone who can garnish receipt on demand for lineage coral, has moved past a hobbyist, and instead a business. That's a whole different discussion, lol :) Cheers, and happy reefing :)

ReeferBill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perry. You didn’t come across insulting, I was just clarifying my reasoning for asking for lineage. I just remember getting burned as a new hobbyist. Almost drove me out of the hobby. All good. Happy reefing.

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perry. You didn’t come across insulting, I was just clarifying my reasoning for asking for lineage. I just remember getting burned as a new hobbyist. Almost drove me out of the hobby. All good. Happy reefing.
:) I have worked in the industry, and know too well the ugly side of the biz. The dry side can be just as bad, lol :) I get it, but regardless, i refuse to pay for name, i will gladly pay for color though, lol. If i did, better help clean my tank for a single head of a Rainbow Torch, lol. Cheers my friend :)

Robg139

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[emoji4] I have worked in the industry, and know too well the ugly side of the biz. The dry side can be just as bad, lol [emoji4] I get it, but regardless, i refuse to pay for name, i will gladly pay for color though, lol. If i did, better help clean my tank for a single head of a Rainbow Torch, lol. Cheers my friend :)

Are u saying you have a torch for sale as well ? Cause I’ll certainly take that off your hands if it’s helping clean ur tank lol

Alex716796

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw I do see everyone’s concern with the way it is fragged. It’s hard to tell from the picture but if the coral is really healthy and didn’t have membrane recession in order to cut it that small you would have had to cut the skin which is a huge risk

OP
OP
Kurt Grant

Kurt Grant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ty Perry
I totally get you, I have only tried to frag Euphyllia once, and it was a total mess, but luckily, a mouth survived, and will be a full head soon. I would never attempt to frag, or sell a Euphyllia frag unless head is on it's own stalk, I think that is the confusion I have seen, mouth vs. a head, I don't know, lol, I am SPS guru turned LPS lover, lol ;)
Ty Perry it is hard to frag them but I made sure my colony wasn't harmed in the process so I cut 2 nice sized frags where the Skeleton was just the same size as the fleshy part

OP
OP
Kurt Grant

Kurt Grant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok 1 is gone would consider a trade for something of equal value or something that would interest me

dylana407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not hard to frag euphillia IF the heads have completely branched off. Fragging heads that have not completely branch off come at a risk. It is like fragging a wall euphillia. In this case, it would take 2 wks to a month to fully heal.

Regarding names, people in the game know exactly what an ASD and TSA torch look like. There are others, but ASD and TSA have became some what of the standard for HG torch. Obviously anyone can call their torch a HG.

dylana407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really curious how to frag a wall hammer...
You tie where you want to cut with a thick rubber band. Over time, the polyps will stop growing there. That is where you make a clean cut. Make sure there is a mouth in the section you want to frag. Like I said, there is risk that it won't heal and just melt. But I had some success.

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You tie where you want to cut with a thick rubber band. Over time, the polyps will stop growing there. That is where you make a clean cut. Make sure there is a mouth in the section you want to frag. Like I said, there is risk that it won't heal and just melt. But I had some success.

Very cool, thanks for sharing!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back