Cotton candy foam thing

MyOtherCarIsAFishtank

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 5, 2014
Messages
189
Reaction score
131
Location
Southeast
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently, this pink/purple foam thing started overgrowing zoas in my zoa garden. What is it? What eats it or removes it aside from manual removal? Here are photos of it on zoa frags I removed to clean.

20190311_023654.jpg


20190311_023658.jpg


20190311_023704.jpg


I'm thinking it is a sponge. I have been removing the impacted rocks and frags and gently brushing it off them with a toothbrush. But I would prefer a safe method that is not so time-consuming. Suggestions? Thanks!
 
Sponge just keep a eye on it I have quite a few in the tank under my live rock
 
Yeah, I don't mind them normally. But as the pics above show, they quickly overgrew a few whole zoa mini-colonies. They can grow quickly since very few things seem to eat sponges, so keep an eye out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new