R

Reeferbo619

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T
If your display cracked is your sump big enough to house everything temporarily? If your sump cracked, can your display operate without an overflow? Maybe you could ask your Lfs to hold your corals and fish?
he tank cracked slightly near the bulk head causing a leak down into the sump.. since I lowered the water level to about 20% it slowed the drip down.. some of my fish are still in display, some in refug. Not sure if I should throw all my fish back in display, raise water add some more rocks and risk crack getting bigger from more pressure and potentially exploding

zalick

A cup of water and a dash of salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you suggest
Can you describe your livestock?

Literally any large tub depending on what you have.

corals will be fine for a few days with no light. Your fish don’t need light at all for now.

you might be able to get a loaner stock tub from someone too.

I’d buy a stock tub for $100, get it setup like a tank with no sump and then figure out the final solution.

OP
OP
R

Reeferbo619

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you describe your livestock?

Literally any large tub depending on what you have.

corals will be fine for a few days with no light. Your fish don’t need light at all for now.

you might be able to get a loaner stock tub from someone too.

I’d buy a stock tub for $100, get it setup like a tank with no sump and then figure out the final solution.
I have a few lps , hammers , candy coral, goni.. sps I have giant month colonies, lots of softies mushrooms , toadstool, gsp. I threw my corals in my neighbors tank for now he has no corals, also emperor angel and butterfly fish who are probably gonna chomp on my corals. He also never doses so chance parameters are way off.

zalick

A cup of water and a dash of salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few lps , hammers , candy coral, goni.. sps I have giant month colonies, lots of softies mushrooms , toadstool, gsp. I threw my corals in my neighbors tank for now he has no corals, also emperor angel and butterfly fish who are probably gonna chomp on my corals. He also never doses so chance parameters are way off.
Get the tub @Lost in the Sauce linked to above and set it up like a tank with no sump. That will be fine to house everything indefinitely.

you can make a 2x4 support for the lights or you can use a portable closet rod thing you can get at target/Walmart etc. I’ve used those to hang lights temporarily.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
make sure where ever fish are rt now they have plenty of oxygen ,best wishes

pbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely devastating. Happened unexpectedly I currently removed all rock / corals from tank into buckets. My fish are dispersed in my refug / display with 20% water. This is the morning of after a nightmare and I’m afraid I don’t know what to do next.

I plan to stay in the hobby but am very nervous about plumbing / drilling a new tank to replace my current one. I don’t want to break the pocket so a dream Red Sea all in one tank isn’t an option

SEND HELP

pbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This happened to me last week. Preface- I did have a small 24 gallon so I didn’t have 200 gallon tank to deal with.
I quickly put all my rock into buckets with heaters and aeration. Then took all corals and fish and crammed them into two hospital tanks- keeping off lights so they won’t expand and touch.
I went down to petco and purchased a temporary 29 gal ( new future qt tank).
This will give me some time to think through the next “forever” tank. I received good advice to do this so I can pause and think. Can’t do this with a cracked tank.
Plus, was able to get rock and critters into temporary new home… reducing immediate stress on everyone.
i just posted a thread asking for ideas on new tank options too.

good luck!

pbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just checking in to see how your ER tub/ back up plan went? Thinking of you and your situation today. Hoping all turned out well.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back