CREALITY 3D PRINTER CR-5 PRO HIGH-TEMP

Octogenarian Octopus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's time to join the big leagues. Can anyone give me a review on the CR-5 Pro High-temp 3d printer. Want to be able to print off all accessories needed for reefing nowadays. Not worried about price, just ability to get the job done. I also want it enclosed. I primarily use Mac but I have a pc if the compatibility program is a problem. I also have an iPad and won't be doing much designing anyway if at all.
Here is the link to the printer:
https://creality3d.shop/collections/3d-printer/products/cr-5-pro-h-3d-printer

Appreciate the input.
This reply is a little late, but I did get a CR5-Pro H (need the size and printing polycarbonate blend), and 3 months later I still haven't been able to print anything more than 5mm high without something falling apart! I have the impression that US purchasers do get some sort of warranty service, but in Australia ("Official Australian Owned Store") there is nothing: the store is virtual and there is no support.

The hardware design is quite reasonable except for the power supply, which overheats and cuts power after half an hour or so, but you get what you pay for - and they are able to sell cheaply because their build quality is very poor and there is no quality control. (when the printhead fell apart after the first 2 hours of use, I found that most of the screws were loose - and not just on the printhead).

If you are lucky, you may get one that works ok, but you will still be stuck with a very, very slow printer for its capacity, and if you are going to use high temperature materials, the first thing to print is a new cooling duct, because the one supplied seems to be printed in PLA and tends to fall apart if the nozzle temperature is high.
I have now replaced the BLTouch autolevelling sensor (damaged when the head first fell apart during a print), the hotend (easier than buying the heater and thermistor separately) and finally the motherboard, although the latter two were probably not actually the cause of the problem, which seems to be the power supply. Most of the Z offset issues are now resolved, even though the base plate is wildly uneven, but the nozzle heating still fails intermittently, apparently because of voltage drops related to power supply overheating.
An equivalent Prusa would have cost 3 times as much as the CR5 Pro H, but the time spent trying to get a large and complex print finished without failure - maybe 60 hours so far - makes the Prusa look very competitive indeed, and it prints 3-4 times as fast, too!

cilyjr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Those machines were never very good.

I bought a k1 through Amazon, I was looking into buying a bambu labs P1S but through researching heard their customer service was just as bad as creality and you can't get replacement parts on Amazon, so I decided on the K1 thinking that if I had a problem I would just return it.
I have been using this machine almost daily since December and the only issues I have had were caused by me. Mostly forgetting to select the proper filament.
I primarily print in ABS now as the print speeds are faster than PETG.
Once or twice I have had a few small lifting issues with ABS prints but for the most part they have been solid.

I am using the creality slicer. It's not perfect, especially having come from cura, but I will say that I think it interfaces with the printer better.
I did some prints using both slicers and I found the creality slicer prints were just a little bit betterin quality and speed.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 29 59.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back