IMG_2175.JPG

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is truly one beautiful art piece!

Love the way it takes up a decent portion of the tank but still leaves plenty of room for coral growth.
[emoji846]

Looking forward to seeing it a few years from now.

Do you have a build thread?

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
90% like it :) Most times I wouldn't because a lot of folks doing the Tonga Branch look ,, use spindlie looking pieces of rock that leaves corals having ,, a bit of difficulty when it comes to encrusting room ,, you have used thick branches so this won't be much of a problem ,, the 10% I don't like ,, the few pieces that are pretty vertical ,, makes for limited coral growing space ,, I am all about putting a coral in every possible space lol there are very few of those pieces of rock ,, very good job ,, keep this post saved in your favorites ,, so we can see what this tank ends up looking like down the road :)

Snookin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it. My only word of advice would be if you are doing SPS dominant then some of the branches are very close to the waterline. I would take some inches off the top and put the pieces in the sump area to maintain the biological filtration. It will look more empty now but it will give your future SPS to grow up and branch to the waterline. It will look better and more full in the future with SPS colonies. imo

OP
OP
Wayn3sWorlD

Wayn3sWorlD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is truly one beautiful art piece!

Love the way it takes up a decent portion of the tank but still leaves plenty of room for coral growth.
[emoji846]

Looking forward to seeing it a few years from now.

Do you have a build thread?

No build thread really..

OP
OP
Wayn3sWorlD

Wayn3sWorlD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
90% like it :) Most times I wouldn't because a lot of folks doing the Tonga Branch look ,, use spindlie looking pieces of rock that leaves corals having ,, a bit of difficulty when it comes to encrusting room ,, you have used thick branches so this won't be much of a problem ,, the 10% I don't like ,, the few pieces that are pretty vertical ,, makes for limited coral growing space ,, I am all about putting a coral in every possible space lol there are very few of those pieces of rock ,, very good job ,, keep this post saved in your favorites ,, so we can see what this tank ends up looking like down the road :)

Which vertical parts? Maybe i can cut those out for more room for coral growth..

OP
OP
Wayn3sWorlD

Wayn3sWorlD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it. My only word of advice would be if you are doing SPS dominant then some of the branches are very close to the waterline. I would take some inches off the top and put the pieces in the sump area to maintain the biological filtration. It will look more empty now but it will give your future SPS to grow up and branch to the waterline. It will look better and more full in the future with SPS colonies. imo

Yeah i was thinking that too.. i might do that...

Back