Critique my scape please

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a thought,, this might not get you to where you need to be ,, but its a thought ,, take some rock from the bottom of the base piece with a hammer & chisel ,,, do it slowly so you only take small pieces at a time from the rock ,, that way you can leave more of your Tonga pieces in tack ,, its tall so I am sure you will still need to shorten some of the pieces ,, I like the look ,, so don't want you to have to shorten anymore than you have to lol :)

OP
OP
Wayn3sWorlD

Wayn3sWorlD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a thought,, this might not get you to where you need to be ,, but its a thought ,, take some rock from the bottom of the base piece with a hammer & chisel ,,, do it slowly so you only take small pieces at a time from the rock ,, that way you can leave more of your Tonga pieces in tack ,, its tall so I am sure you will still need to shorten some of the pieces ,, I like the look ,, so don't want you to have to shorten anymore than you have to lol :)

I wish i could but cant coz its what keeps the scape a float from the bottom... scared it might tip over when the sps grows... looks like i just need to cut some of the top branches.. :(

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree ,,, but I ain't liking it one dang bit :( ,,, maybe a taller tank :) I don't know,, I was looking at it again ,, you will have to shorten some pieces to much ,, that base piece needs worked on ,,, even if it means taking out that first section ,, work on it ,, or maybe a taller tank lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wayn3sWorlD

Wayn3sWorlD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking also about just cutting some small pvc and attaching to the sides of the rock so i can just slip the frag plugs on there and not needing to glue.. might save me a few inches and also raising up the water level by an inch also...

Snookin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the end of the day you need to either go in a different route with corals if you like your aquascape that much and stick to LPS and Zoas and let them cover what you created. Or, remove a lot of rock now from the top and understand it will look empty and not as pretty today. But, with time and patience it will fill with SPS all over the top area. But, that could be 1-2yrs or more depending on which SPS you choose and if you buy frags or colonies to start.

OP
OP
Wayn3sWorlD

Wayn3sWorlD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the end of the day you need to either go in a different route with corals if you like your aquascape that much and stick to LPS and Zoas and let them cover what you created. Or, remove a lot of rock now from the top and understand it will look empty and not as pretty today. But, with time and patience it will fill with SPS all over the top area. But, that could be 1-2yrs or more depending on which SPS you choose and if you buy frags or colonies to start.

Good input bro yeah i am going that way... chop2x...

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back