Crossbows

jasonandsarah

Sticks, sticks and more STICKS
View Badges
Joined
Sep 24, 2014
Messages
1,652
Reaction score
848
Location
Maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm looking to get into crossbows. I've been going completely nuts trying to compare all the bows and find one that's affordable, quality and strong enough to hunt with. Please tell me there's some crossbow experts in this great group of reefers! My budget is between 3-5 hundred and that does make it a little harder. I would like it to come with a decent scope but I know very little about scopes.
Here's a couple I've been contemplating.... http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B010OJ72ES?psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B016072G0S?psc=1

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/falcon-370-dx-extreme-crossbow-with-bonus-kit?a=1914771
 
Last edited:
@Diesel I saw your getting the same thing as me for Christmas! Wanna chime in on what model your getting and why? I'm really having a hard time picking one out still.....
 
@Diesel I saw your getting the same thing as me for Christmas! Wanna chime in on what model your getting and why? I'm really having a hard time picking one out still.....

You getting a tenpoint?
All the others are good for the below avarage hunter but there ain't much power in it.
Better get a bow if you settle for a 5 Franklin budget.
The tenpoints cost you close to
10 franklins or over, all depends on the scoope.
 
I personally own an Excalibur and I won't own any other. Reason for this is I don't need to take my bow to a shop if something happens in the field. I carry a spare string with a stringer and if I need to change my string I can do so in under 10 minutes. For cost, look at their Axiom line of crossbows. Will kill any big game animal in North America no problem. Deadly accurate as well out to 50 yards.

If you're interested I'd go straight to the US Warranty representative in the US.

Danny Miller - (740) 483-2312

I called him and told him what I was looking for. He helped me put together a package and as soon as he received my check he shipped it to my door. Even sighted in my scope for me before he shipped it. Super nice guy and will answer any questions you may have.

Check out their website as well.

http://excaliburcrossbow.com/index.php
 
Oh ya something I can own ;)
How long does it take to load an arrow?
I will assume like a bow and depends on draw?
 
Oh ya something I can own ;)
How long does it take to load an arrow?
I will assume like a bow and depends on draw?

If you hunt with a bow or crossbow you have only one chance to kill if not your steak is gone and you have to follow the blood trail in order to finalize.
Remember to wait a few minutes before you go after it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new