OP
OP
Reefer5640

Reefer5640

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, just a blank page. Definitely not a url or anything.
mid this doesn’t work I don’t know what’s going on. Never had a link not go through that I know of. As for the slit, I used a Dremel with a large cutting wheel but a multi tool would do it just fine as well. Just mark a line with a straight edge or square or whatever you have and follow the line. Debur after the cut.

FiddlersReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mid this doesn’t work I don’t know what’s going on. Never had a link not go through that I know of. As for the slit, I used a Dremel with a large cutting wheel but a multi tool would do it just fine as well. Just mark a line with a straight edge or square or whatever you have and follow the line. Debur after the cut.

Nope, nothing. That's so weird. You're using the Link toolbar button and adding the URL to it?

Angel_V_the_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing thread ! Just read through it all ! Awesome scrubber !

Been looking for a protein skimmer for my 10 Gallon holding tank which I am using to house corals that survived a bryopsis take over along with my clowns.

after realizing protein skimmers only prevent the break down of orgánics by a small percentage, I went to look for a scrubber as that would allow me to directly control nutrient levels.

The problem is Algae scrubbers are super expensive ! And that’s without their rated pumps which can be expensive !

Definitely want to try this out for my future 20-40 gallon build !

best looking DIY ATS I’ve seen yet !

OP
OP
Reefer5640

Reefer5640

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing thread ! Just read through it all ! Awesome scrubber !

Been looking for a protein skimmer for my 10 Gallon holding tank which I am using to house corals that survived a bryopsis take over along with my clowns.

after realizing protein skimmers only prevent the break down of orgánics by a small percentage, I went to look for a scrubber as that would allow me to directly control nutrient levels.

The problem is Algae scrubbers are super expensive ! And that’s without their rated pumps which can be expensive !

Definitely want to try this out for my future 20-40 gallon build !

best looking DIY ATS I’ve seen yet !
Thank you! Be sure to post pics if you build one. I’d love to see how it turns out.

Angel_V_the_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Be sure to post pics if you build one. I’d love to see how it turns out.
Definitely! Have been working on getting my levels down and actually tried an experiment.

I have a 10g that ran 15-20 ppm nitrates consistently for about 2 months.

2 weeks ago I added a decent amount of seachem matrix to my tank (added 1/2 the recommended amount in the beginning, added a full recommended amount in a bag).

the next week on test day, my nitrates read 5 ppm using a salifert test kit. I paired this with filter floss replacement every other day instead of weekly swap, which also lowered my phosphates from .30 to .07 along with less feeding of pellets to my clowns ( 5 pellets Down to 3 a day per clown)

currently I do not need the scrubber but I will implement one as the tank matures and if I ever run into a high nutrient problem.
So far two weeks and my nutrients have stay at 5 ppm nitrate and <.07 ppm phosphate for the past two weeks

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back