Crushed coral good or bad ??

  • Thread starter Thread starter J062682l
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

J062682l

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 13, 2013
Messages
890
Reaction score
6
Location
Connecticut,USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your opinion guys. I have crushed coral have had it for years , and was just wondering what's everyone's opinion ?
 
Ok I'll clarify - for what purpose? You asked for opinions on crushed coral. Crushed coral can be used in many ways.
 
I've been using CC for years. Nothing wrong with it. Unless you get the big stuff, then it can collect detritus pretty bad.
 
Not a fan for substrate. Like already mentioned, it will trap detritus and it's hard on some livestock that need to burrow.
 
I was never a big fan of CC as a substrate, but I ended up having to mix some in with my sand in the middle of my tank b/c of my power heads creating a bare spot. It doesn't bother me too bad and some days I like the more natural look of the sand bed not being uniform in grain size.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new