OP
kgstei

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a terrible ctsars member I don't go to meetings and I read a lot, just don't say much. However, if we have a meeting at a LFS in our area I may be more motivated to go.
It's all good . You wouldn't believe how many of us start out as "lurkers". Hopefully we'll get to a place where the club is bussin, busun.

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the current financial status of CTARS? Current account balance? And do we know where the PAR meter is?

OP
OP
kgstei

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the current financial status of CTARS? Current account balance? And do we know where the PAR meter is?
Hi Mike All good questions which I don't know the answers to. Hopefully as we move forward we will be able to get those things squared away. The current board are all good guys so I'm not too worried. It's just been tough to get the club going and everyone has lives outside of the club so hopefully we can move forward and get things back on track.

JakeAndAmanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brs gift code I’m not going to use

Attachments

• CC2A11CC-D278-4255-BFD4-F327E7154054.jpeg
    CC2A11CC-D278-4255-BFD4-F327E7154054.jpeg
    160.1 KB · Views: 36

MichaelP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be great to get the club going again, I’m located in killingworth but willing to travel/help out.

I lived in the greater Boston area for a while so was spoiled by the Boston Reefers Club. Hopefully we can setup something similar from an activity level

OP
OP
kgstei

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be great to get the club going again, I’m located in killingworth but willing to travel/help out.

I lived in the greater Boston area for a while so was spoiled by the Boston Reefers Club. Hopefully we can setup something similar from an activity level
I spend a lot of time on the BRS site. I joined it when I first started my tank because they were going to have a meeting in Dudley Mass which was about the same distance as the seat ours meetings but at a more convenient time. It's one of the reasons that I sort of changed my thoughts on how the club should be. The Boston Club has members from NH Massachusetts Maine Rhode Island and people like me from C. With centralized meetings only a few members can ever make it to them unless they're willing to drive over an hour. I know there are people on that site from Rhode Island who are 20 minutes from me who could come to meetings in my area. The concept is to think of it more at the network of Clubs.

Yasmar01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm definitely interested in this. Being that I have always lived in Fairfield county and now Litchfield county I have never really been able to attend any meetings. This would make it much more convenient.

OP
OP
kgstei

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm definitely interested in this. Being that I have always lived in Fairfield county and now Litchfield county I have never really been able to attend any meetings. This would make it much more convenient.
That's great it sounds like we have some other people from your area so hopefully enough to start with and grow from there.

JakeAndAmanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would be nice if some of these empty spaces, like one of the vacant stores at the half empty crystal mall, would be available as a general club meeting space. Even just to get people in their doors.

OP
OP
kgstei

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think there are too many so far from Southeastern Connecticut other than myself and John were both Griswold. I'm sure there are plenty down there though. Once we can get this thing rolling I think we will be able to get more people involved. I think perfect pets in Old Lyme would be one place that would be willing to accommodate a group

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the club is currently dead with intentions of reviving it. I did notice that CTARS is on the preliminary list of vendors for FFM this year. This event has the potential to be a great kickstart to a newly reimagined CT reef club. Just putting it out there.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • None.

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.6%
Back