OP
OP
Cubed Reefer

Cubed Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man pick up a sea hare I put one in and clean tank in 2 week left it spotless.

I had thought of it but I came back tonight after the gym and even more algae seems to be just breaking away, love this UV. Prob gonna snag some more fish this weekend. Need to add to my bio load.

I love your rock work! It will look nice with sps's

Thank you! Just needs to get there, taking it real slow with this tank. Probably no coral for another couple months.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank is only 25 miles from me and I have yet to see it in person. We're going to have to do something about that Paul.

OP
OP
Cubed Reefer

Cubed Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I need to do a full update however believe it or not , not much has changed. I am wanting to really cycle the tank through ( Probably another month or two) before adding coral as this will be an almost exclusive SPS tank.

I have tested the water and getting great numbers such as:

• 0 Nitrates
  • 0 Ammonia
  • Undetectable Phosphates
  • 9.5 Alk
  • 420 Cal

I have not hooked up my calcium reactor yet as there is no need to yet. I however need to do some more work in adding some panels and doing the little project such as mounting things. I have really dialed in my APEX and really am loving all the different things I can do with it. Especially the breakout box and the PM2 Module.

I also added a UV Sterilizer, a 57W Aqua UV. I am thoroughly impressed with this unit as it is small but VERY powerful. Easy to notice the changes in whats left of the cycling algae. Algae dwindles slowly but is noticeable over the week, I was always skeptic about them but am now a firm believer.

I will try to add pictures tonight!

OP
OP
Cubed Reefer

Cubed Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well things have been interesting as of late. Life can really come out of nowhere and that is how it has been, work, wedding planning, family, just to name a few. However things are back on track and the other couple tanks in the house as well as this baby are back on track. I again decided to switch skimmers because of space issues so I switched to a Deltec. Adam from Battle Corals is amazing with support and getting back to you at any time. Can understand now why people rave about BC, either way the skimmer is a monster and actually skims WAY better than the ATB I had. I have some fish in the tank now almost all wrasses just added a Katherine's wrasse hence the acclimation box (turned light back on for a sec for the pic), as well as some clams and clean up help from long spine urchins and giant Mexican turbos (Pool ball size). The Marco rock as great as it looks for some reason got thick mat of green algae that spread to the gravel but is now flaking off with the Deltec having to be emptied every two days as well as two 7x14 100 micron socks. Algae is just falling off and is clearing up quick. Have a couple test sticks on the rack, parameters are great just seeing how things go before I start adding a lot more. Not the prettiest right now, maybe the deep gravel was overkill in hindsight but I still love it. She is a lot closer to more coral than you think!

0223016.jpg

OP
OP
Cubed Reefer

Cubed Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple things on the rack waiting for the last of this algae to get skimmed up. Purple Plasma and Marshall Island Yellow Fuzzy, two of my favorites.

20160408_123732.jpg 20160408_123719_001.jpg

Also a video of this Deltec in action. Love this skimmer to death, big things in small packages. This is 4 days.

https://vid.me/2LU8

OP
OP
Cubed Reefer

Cubed Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Calcium reactor running! MTC Procal is a dream so far with ease of setup wise. Gravel all clean besides front level u can see and little bit on top of rocks. Very excited.
3396d1d4cbac3ad15283c2fb13f3ef03.jpg

OP
OP
Cubed Reefer

Cubed Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there any updates on this build?
The picture post was from this weekend. CA reactor online. Alk swung way up, so did Cal first night. Didn't expect it to as much as it did, 7 to roughly 10 and cal to 480 from 360. However I have turn it down to dripping. I am hoping for it to plateau soon. Any other questions I'd be happy to answer, ask away.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 73 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back