CUC and puffer fish

Raaymakers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

i was looking into some puffer fish. I am aware that it would be a roll of the dice if it comes to corals, inverts will be killed.
Im probably taking the shot to get a valentine puffer, but... what are good cleaners that will be left alone by the puffer? I'm not concerned by algae as i have 2 tangs, but more for the leftovers all around the tank. I do have 2 engineer goby's aswel, but i dont have the feeling they clean all round the tank. They constanly underneath the same rockwork, If i can i might catch them to take them out.
My tank is 95gal

Reef.Blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

i was looking into some puffer fish. I am aware that it would be a roll of the dice if it comes to corals, inverts will be killed.
Im probably taking the shot to get a valentine puffer, but... what are good cleaners that will be left alone by the puffer? I'm not concerned by algae as i have 2 tangs, but more for the leftovers all around the tank. I do have 2 engineer goby's aswel, but i dont have the feeling they clean all round the tank. They constanly underneath the same rockwork, If i can i might catch them to take them out.
My tank is 95gal
Some puffers will not eat cleaner shrimp. I would still be careful with cleaner shrimp as puffers can still eat them. I would say cleaner shrimp are your best chance.

Alenya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have large trouchus snails, and hermits in the tank. My puffer can and does nip at zombies small snails and tries for the hermits, though the hermits see him coming.

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

My tank is 95gal

My puffer is nicknamed "The Snail annihilator." I have to restock the snails every few months because he likes snacks during the day. It is very hit and miss though, he doesnt touch coral at all, so thats a plus.

Udest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a green spotted puffer and he occasionally gets a hermit or tso you wo he hasn't gotten the nassarius snails yet , so its likely you'll go through some cleaners.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 69 34.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 51 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back